Daydream - Stuck on Photo, what can I do?

A

AC Question

Daydream - Stuck on Photo

I am using my old Nexus 5 as a photo frame/media center control. I have daydream configured to display Google Photos from my Google Account - All Photos. It runs great and displays my photos from most recent going backwards chronologically, but has never made it past a particular image (we'll call this image Z). On top of this, I have also found it stuck on other random images before getting to image Z. I actually don't mind this so much, as it produces kind of a roulette effect, finding it stopped on different images. The issue is that ~75% of the time it is just stopped on image Z.

The interesting thing is that if I go into my google photos I can scroll back past image Z and I also don't see anything different about it compared to other images. I have even tried editing the image in google photos and re-saving it.

Earlier this year I did start using Auto-backup and syncing my images to Google Photos. I'm not 100% sure, but I think all the images in my google photos prior to image Z were added using the Google Photo Backup Utility to sync a local folder where I placed my entire photo archive to upload into Google Photos.

Could the issue be that for some reason Daydream doesn't pickup photos that were added via the backup utility??

Thanks,
~Corbin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech