Factory Reset and Red Triangle with ! and Android laying on side, what do?

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So I tried to reset my phone to factory because it was lagging really badly, like once every hour of use and it got hella annoying... Then, it said "Erasing..." with the blue ball in the Android's stomach, but then after a while, like 10 minutes, it changed to an Android laying on its side (inferring its dead) and a Red Triangle with an Exclamation Mark on it ( ! ).

I just press Volume Up + Power and held it down for a few seconds and the phone turned off, then turned on again, and now it's back to the Erasing... screen with the Android and blue ball floating in its stomach.

I'm wondering if the same Red Triangle ! will happen again? I'm not sure what's wrong with it, it was up to date on updates, and I was not even rooted, but I have rooted the phone before, like a year ago, but then I unrooted it.

Never had this problem before I think, just happened now all of a sudden. I also didn't have any unknown source apps installed, I only had Google Play apps :(

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I just saw the video, but the problem is, when you press volume up + power, it won't take you into recovery mode, it just goes straight to the Erasing dialogue. There are a few others with the same problem as me on other phones as well, and they said sometimes it takes 1-2 hours, sometimes 3, and some people even said 15 - 22 hours... LOL...

I'm going to wait a bit before trying anything else, just in case its just taking a bit of time. I should have deleted some stuff before doing the reset, that's probably why it's taking so long, since I had like 15gb of data used.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I just saw the video, but the problem is, when you press volume up + power, it won't take you into recovery mode, it just goes straight to the Erasing dialogue. There are a few others with the same problem as me on other phones as well, and they said sometimes it takes 1-2 hours, sometimes 3, and some people even said 15 - 22 hours... LOL...

I'm going to wait a bit before trying anything else, just in case its just taking a bit of time. I should have deleted some stuff before doing the reset, that's probably why it's taking so long, since I had like 15gb of data used.

Okay, just so long as you did Power + Volume as shown in the video (Power first, hold then press Volume up)

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so the phone is now in boot mode I think, it has the 4 dots on the screen in funky colors and this yellow line going across them

Also,, I just realized, my phone's bootloader is unlocked (there's the "unlocked" lock at the bottom of the screen earlier. Wonder if that is what's causing this?