Nexus 5 dies after a couple seconds if not on charger, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5 dies after a couple seconds if not on charger

Hi,

My Nexus 5 dies, even when on full or substantial charge, if it isn't connected to a charger. Also, when it dies, the only way to reboot it is if it is connected to a charger. When the phone is rebooted, it will still have a substantial charge, i.e. whatever it was before it died (even if it was 95%).

I just factory reset the phone and the problem is persisting. Please help - this has been happening for months now. If I do have to change the battery, how do I go about doing this, seeing as there is no removable cover? Or is there a better way to solve this?

Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like it may need a new battery. There are online guides if you want to do it yourself.
Of course, it may not be a battery problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

willo99

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 dies after a couple seconds if not on charger

My Nexus 5 had a similar battery problem. I ordered a replacement battery online and switched it out easily on my own. The back isn't technically removable, but it's pretty easy to pop off. You just have to undo a few connections to get to the battery. There are guides online. This fixed my battery problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 dies after a couple seconds if not on charger

You'll also be blown away by the battery life this thing gets with a new battery. 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC