Nexus 5 for awhile...

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As happens, I got the urge to get a new cell phone. I read reviews and comparisons and decided I'd get a Nexus 6. Then I considered the fact that I have a drawer full of cables and plugs for USB/micro. When I go out during the day I carry a little daypack with a cable that will charge my Nexus 5 or my Kindle. I also have a small, flat power pack that will recharge my Nexus 5 or my Kindle. At home, I have a cable on my desk by the computer and another on the nightstand by my bed and both will recharge my Nexus 5 or my Kindle.

If I get the Nexus 6, I'll have USB-C. That means carrying two cables with me, one for my Nexus 6 and one for my Kindle and carrying another two cables for my power pack and two cables in my bedroom.

Add to that the warnings that some cables are no good and can actually damage devices.

All things considered, I think I'll just keep using my Nexus 5 with Android 6. What if I get all those new cables and Nexus 7 or the next generation Kindle uses USB-D?

Anyone want to buy a couple of really nice Qi wireless chargers?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are there not adaptors to allow one type of lead to connect to a device of different type?

Posted via the Android Central App

EthaGod

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
As happens, I got the urge to get a new cell phone. I read reviews and comparisons and decided I'd get a Nexus 6. Then I considered the fact that I have a drawer full of cables and plugs for USB/micro. When I go out during the day I carry a little daypack with a cable that will charge my Nexus 5 or my Kindle. I also have a small, flat power pack that will recharge my Nexus 5 or my Kindle. At home, I have a cable on my desk by the computer and another on the nightstand by my bed and both will recharge my Nexus 5 or my Kindle.

If I get the Nexus 6, I'll have USB-C. That means carrying two cables with me, one for my Nexus 6 and one for my Kindle and carrying another two cables for my power pack and two cables in my bedroom.

Add to that the warnings that some cables are no good and can actually damage devices.

All things considered, I think I'll just keep using my Nexus 5 with Android 6. What if I get all those new cables and Nexus 7 or the next generation Kindle uses USB-D?

Anyone want to buy a couple of really nice Qi wireless chargers?

You must mean the 6p because you said USB C. However if you just want the Nexus 6 then you can use those same cables although you may not get fast charging. As for the next things coming out using some new crazy USB Fedora or something. USB C is to be the next standard so you will probably be good with that for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a bunch of the various microUSB -> USB-C adapters and I have yet to encounter any issues. My main charger for my 6p is still a straight USB-C one, but I use an adapter quite often when I'm on the go and my 6p is still going strong.