The new battery helped tremndously. I am able to make it the full 8 hours of work before I need a charge. I have two big issues, and I am offcially done pumping money into it.

The phone will just shut off. It's like the battery dies, but once you power it back on, it's got plenty of juice left. The times seem random.

The WiFi no longer comes on.

Damn shame, I loved this phone.
    03-15-2016 04:05 PM
    I feel your pain. Have had mine since receiving a first hour order. I wonder if it will survive past the next new Nexus phones. I haven't replaced the battery yet as I usually have a charging source. Other than that, it's still great (I did have to do a few mods under the hood). But, one day it will start to fall/fail.
    My son upgraded from his N4 to N6P which is a really nice device. I was surprised at how much I like the N5X I just bought hubby who finally got fed up with his iPhone 4S. I love my N5 too much to banish it until I have to, though.
    03-15-2016 04:16 PM
    It seems the n5 isn't very durable. I guess that's why it's cheaper phone. Only good for about 2 yes before it craps out on u
    03-15-2016 05:18 PM
    The new battery helped tremndously. I am able to make it the full 8 hours of work before I need a charge. I have two big issues, and I am offcially done pumping money into it.

The phone will just shut off. It's like the battery dies, but once you power it back on, it's got plenty of juice left. The times seem random.

The WiFi no longer comes on.

Damn shame, I loved this phone.
    Where did you get your battery from? I understand where you're coming from. I'm still holding on to my N5. Got it in Dec'13 after ordering as soon as it came out. But thankfully other than the battery feeling a bit weak and some lag across the phone now, it's still working good. I like the 6P but I feel I won't like how big it is for too long. Don't like the 5X that much. Was really hoping that the N5 would get Android N. I thought I could still hold on to this till the end of this year and either get the next Nexus that's launched or get a custom Android N rom installed. I can't seem to find a reputable source to buy a battery though. Also, how hard was it for you to install it yourself, assuming you did install it yourself.
    03-15-2016 08:37 PM
    I got my battery from the LG OEM place.
    03-16-2016 02:59 PM
    It's about time I upgrade as well. As for it not being durable, I think I got the Nexus 5 unicorn. I have never really had an issue with any software updates. None of the bugs I ever read about have I seen on my Nexus 5. I say unicorn cause I also cracked my screen about 4 months ago. After it cracked it got hit again with a gate and chunks of glass started/are coming off exposing the innards and front facing camera. That didn't kill it. Then I dropped it in water, it had to fill up with water because it was completely submerged for at least ten seconds while having a direct shot in from the chunks missing, plus a lot of water came out of it. The screen blacked out and the device would turn on but no visuals at all. As I was getting ready to say goodbye to it for good, I decided to try to turn it on. It did and it is still going strong, other than the dime size chunk of screen missing on the top right and spider web crack starting from the bottom right side. 6P here I come.

Posted via AC App
    belodion likes this.
    03-16-2016 04:19 PM