Photos won't show in file explorer on computer

TimoteiM

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have Nexus 5 connected to PC via USB cable and I have chosen MTP mode from my phone. When I go to my photos folder on PC I only see 500 photos instead of +1500 photos that should be there. On phone those pictures still exist. Is there some way get them visible and ready for transfer to computer? I'm also running Windows 10.

Thanks for the answers in advance!

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure those other photos are actually on your phone? If Photos app backed them up to the cloud (Google Drive), you will see them on the phone, but they won't be there until you select the photo then hit the menu and choose download. You should also be able to access them at photos.google.com in your account.

TimoteiM

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I was just about to post a reply that I still didn't get the photos to show, when I tried renaming the camera folder. That fixed the problem for me luckily! Now all is shown as supposed to be shown in that folder, but I still have the same issue with my other folders and I don't know what caused this problem... So this is only partially solved case. Thanks for the helpers, though!