How do I change my System Fonts on Nexus 5 (rooted)?

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
How to change System Fonts on Nexus 5 (rooted)

So, I don't know much about Android but I rooted my Nexus 5 and I wanted to change the system font. I installed an app called "fonter". It said that I only have 16.0 KB of storage left and I need a minimum of 20 MB (I've 9 GB of free storage). Help would be appreciated. ;-;

cameron73

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to change System Fonts on Nexus 5 (rooted)

Fonts are installed on the system partition. If you have a rooted Nexus device this should be easy to fix.

cameron73

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

There is usually limited space on that partition. Have you installed TWRP?
You are sitting on one of the most customizable platforms in all of Android. Hammerhead!

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Do you mean that recovery thingy which is touch friendly? Yep. Have it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Yup, it's hammerhead and idk how to say this but I can use any sim card xD

cameron73

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

You've got a blank palette. I can't tell you what to do because it is ultimately your phone, and there is always a chance that something could happen. Nexus devices are the most rigorously developed. The ROMs available are numerous.

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Well, you are right about that. I could brick my phone or accidentally do something worse. Anyways thanks for your help :)

cameron73

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site

If TWRP is properly installed, boot into it and make a full backup to your external sdcard. TWRP is much more than a "touchy thing" or whatever you called it.

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I basically know nothing what to do after rooting, except multitasking, landscape mode on home screen, uninstalling of pre installed apps and free in-app purchases. Btw, I backed up.

cameron73

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So, Don't worry, I got some help from TiBu and freed up some space and finally changed the fonts :D

That is great news. It is better for you to have an understanding of why these problems occur. Rooting a phone is becoming very easy to do, not many fully understand the implications. Thank you for figuring it out. Be careful when uninstalling system apps. I always like to use TiBu to freeze them first, reboot and run for a while to make sure there are no problems.
Also, making a backup is one thing. Testing to make sure it works is tricky. I still think you will be 300% better off with a custom ROM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1