How long was an original Nexus 5 designed to last?

A

AC Question

I got mine on release day October 31st 2013. I am using it still and it works just like new. I use it everyday and I'm pretty sure its been on constantly since that day and never purposely turned off for any significant amount of time. The Case is a little beat up but it still runs great. Running version 6.0.1. Just wondering if its just going to shut off and die one day.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Welcome.
That is always possible.
Mileage may vary but devices working past 2-3 years these days are not unheard off.
Keep doing what you are doing and if it dies, you got rest with the knowledge that you got spectacular life from it.

Mav. :cool:

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I got mine on release day October 31st 2013. I am using it still and it works just like new. I use it everyday and I'm pretty sure its been on constantly since that day and never purposely turned off for any significant amount of time. The Case is a little beat up but it still runs great. Running version 6.0.1. Just wondering if its just going to shut off and die one day.

If it does die, just buy another one. (they're $160 new on ebay) I'm on my 5th Nexus 5 now and still love it. The others didn't die, but I just bounced around with different phones for a while.

It's still a very fast phone and will still be a viable phone for quite some time. Many people use phones that aren't as good as the Nexus 5 for everyday things. So it stands to reason the N5 will be good for at least another 2-3 years. The Snapdragon 800 is not a slow processor. It won't be officially supported by Google 6 months from now, but there will be custom roms over at XDA running the latest and greatest Android with security updates. Long live the Nexus 5!

Ronald Espiritu

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I thought of that yesterday. I just found one on amazon for $173. one on Ebay for $183. going to buy one of them right now. Yeah mine is still fast. I have used my daughters 5X and S7's and HTC's. don't like them. The 5x kinda looks the same but its too big. I'm sticking with my good ol' N5 until Sprint kills its LTE network and I have to upgrade.