Charging slowly?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems that in most cases when I put my phone on the Nexus QI charger it goes into "charging slowly" mode. If I go back to it in an hour or two and look at the screen it will say something like "17 hours to full charge". I have to keep taking it off the charging pad and putting it back until it says only "charging". Never did this until Marshmallow. Why is it doing this?

Sub0dhJain

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Download this app: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&hl=en&token=zP006pyS
Check out the maximum current that your phone can use while charging. Know this googling "your device name" + "maximum charging current"
It will be shown in mAh units. In my phone it is 1000 mAh.

Now, connect your phone to the charger and launch the Ampere app. Note that the reading in the home screen. If it is equal to your phone's default current and remains stable, your phone is good. The battery is dying or maybe the OS is buggy. If the reading in the app is less or reduces constantly, your charger, USB cable or USB charging port is damaged.

Because you specifically mentioned that you have updated the OS, there can be high chances that the OS isn't yet fully compatible or it's highly buggy. Having found the main source to your problem, I recommend you to do one or more of the following, as applicable:

1. Change your downgrade your OS
2.Change your USB cable
3. Change your charger
4.Don't charge your phone with a PC, TV, powerbanks or cheap or local cables and chargers or any other source except from your orginal charger.
5.Replace your battery
6.Stop disturbing it while it's charging.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If you do a little Googling, you will find that a number of people are reporting this issue after a recent update. I suspect a buggy update that has not yet been fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital