Hello all,

Figured I'd ask here in the N5 forum and have better luck

I have a Nexus 5 running 6.0.1 and am trying to transfer lots of pics (over a GB) to my Chromebook. I figured I'd be able to able to do it with the Chrome OS Files app, but the N5 is not showing up! I have tried all 3 USB ports, I had my phone active when I plugged it in, and nothing. Also there is a "Charging slowly" message on my phone when it gets plugged in.

I assume this would be the best way to get these files transferred. I really am not crazy about sending files off to a third party site, or having a second party in on getting this resolved. I really don't think I would need any wireless transfer either. Oh yeah, the USB cable is a good cable.

Thanks for reading this and I very much welcome all comments.

U1
    10-05-2016 02:09 PM
    Did you change to file transfer on the notification drop down message?
    10-05-2016 02:45 PM
    I am not seeing anything "USB" related on the drop downs. I don't even see anything in the settings that's "USB" related. I'm assuming it just comes on and you don't have to turn it on.

U1
    10-05-2016 03:20 PM
    xxx
    10-05-2016 03:32 PM
    Yes. It's there based on drivers. I don't know anything about chrome os. On windows, drivers must install.
    Edit: I just spend some minutes viewing an excruciatingly boring YouTube about connecting phone to chromebook. As long as you have the latest os, it should be automatic.
    10-05-2016 04:44 PM
    And if the cable or port is bad, you won't see the USB dropdown.

Try WiFi File Transfer.
    10-05-2016 04:51 PM
    And if the cable or port is bad, you won't see the USB dropdown.

Try WiFi File Transfer.
    So true on both, but you (OP) say cable is good and you tried all ports. Wi-Fi file transfer works well.
    10-05-2016 04:56 PM
    I'm thinking that my cable or port must be bad if I'm not getting feedback from connecting, right? I thought it was good since there was feedback (charging slowly) from the N5 when there was a connection, but I guess this is a false assumption, yes? I don't really have a another cable that works. The one I'm using is the only one that seems to give me any kind of life.

I'm using the WiFi File Transfer app right now. Man it'd be nice to see some progression bars!

I'm new to the N5 and Android OS, pretty new to the Chrome OS too. I'll spend sometime on this forum and learn some stuff. If you have any sites or threads or anything you'd like to share and would be helpful, be much appreciated if you'd like to share.
    10-05-2016 06:39 PM
    listen man juat try out this .
    connect a usb on the go to ur phone if and transfer the data to on the go
    then after connect the on the go pendrive to ur chromebook even after this if u r not getting what you want just let ur chromebook checked up at the service center for bad ports ..
    10-08-2016 12:54 PM