How to get photos off Nexus 5 onto Windows 7

suetheron

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi Im posting this as a new thread because I've spent quite a while trying to fix this, but the solution is quite simple. I'm in Australia. The Nexus 5 I purchased off Kogan was shipped from Hong Kong and did not come with a cable to transfer photos to my laptop. So I went to JBHiFi and purchased a Belkin USB C to USB A cable, as the shop assistant told me this was the right one.

I bought it home and the photos would just not come up. At least one hour spent here and elsewhere looking for an answer and troubleshooting.

Then I went back to JBHiFi to check if there were other cables. There was another USB C to USB A cable, also by Belkin, but it was $10 more expensive and is a high-speed 10 GBPS cable. In desperation I bought it for $38. Miraculously, this one is working fine and there are no issues transferring photos.

So my message is: USE A HIGH-SPEED USB C - USB A CABLE

The only brand in JBHiFi is Belkin. At $38, and apparently a virtually essential purchase with every Nexus 5, I would not be at all surprised if it turns out that Google Nexus is in cahoots with Belkin, or is receiving a nice little kickback for each of these cables purchased. Honestly, what a rort!!!!

Last edited:

suetheron

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
ok, thanks for the tip - you're lucky things are cheaper in the usa :)

i realise I can probably get a cheaper one off ebay here locally however there seem to be a lot of variations with cables

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae