YouTube video popping in the bottom right corner of screen.

JLM_Official

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Hey, recently my videos have been popping into the bottom right corner of my phone when I'm browsing off thr YouTube app. I want to know how I can make this work 100%, because it just happens randomly..
My phone is the Galaxy Note 9

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not random, it's when you're watching a video and you hit the multitasking button. It's the 'Picture in Picture' feature of Android.

On the Note 9, however, you can also use Samsung's 'floating window' mode, which I like better because the window is resizeable (and, to my liking, the native PiP window is too small). If you enable the gesture, just drag a corner of the window when watching the video and it will pop out into a floating window you can adjust to your preferences.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
On apps that support PiP (not all apps do, and while the feature has been available since Android 9.0, some apps only support it if you have Android 9.1 and above, like Netflix) it should work automatically; if you're playing a video on them, tap the multitasking button and the video pops out and becomes a tiny floating window.

The multitasking/muti-window/recent apps button is usually the leftmost button on your phone. Depending on your phone it might look like two overlapping rectangles or a few lines stacked together.