kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
That looks great, if true hopefully the camera would be better then the m8

Posted via the Android Central App

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Did the 5.9 inch Shamu device had the Nexus logo on the back?

If Shamu = Nexus 6

5.9 inch QHD Display
Snapdragon 805 with 3GB RAM
13 MP (Rear) and 2 MP (Front)
Front Facing Speakers
16GB & 32GB
3000-3300 mAh Battery

If Shamu is just another Moto device:

5.9 inch 1080p Display
Snapdragon 801 with 2GB RAM
13 MP (Rear) and 2 MP (Front)
Front Facing Speakers
16GB & 32GB
3000-3300 mAh Battery

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This thread is more fun than watching cartoons with my grand daughter.:p
Can someone please tell me what the bleep is a benchmark?

P.S. I still want a "flip" Nexus.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
And we all know what a good track record TK Tech News has. :p

A pretty good track record?

TK came out first with the news of the Motorola Luge, had the specs, release date and everything and they were 100% spot on with it. Can't make that stuff up, so I'm inclined to believe TK Tech News when they post something.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
A pretty good track record?

TK came out first with the news of the Motorola Luge, had the specs, release date and everything and they were 100% spot on with it. Can't make that stuff up, so I'm inclined to believe TK Tech News when they post something.

He totally blew it on the Moto X. His "exclusive" pics showed what looked like the old Moto X in a plastic bag, he claimed Moto Maker was an AT&T exclusive like last year, and he showed a screen protector that looked more like the Moto G than the X. No, he was not accurate with the Moto X, so I'm not inclined to believe anything he says these days.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
He totally blew it on the Moto X. His "exclusive" pics showed what looked like the old Moto X in a plastic bag, he claimed Moto Maker was an AT&T exclusive like last year, and he showed a screen protector that looked more like the Moto G than the X. No, he was not accurate with the Moto X, so I'm not inclined to believe anything he says these days.
He admitted he has stuff wrong. Like the back button. But can you currently get moto maker on Verizon? The only carrier that officially has moto maker right now is att. Yes you can also get the pure edition but att still is the only carrier with moto maker

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

That's the nature of leaks, some stuff will be wrong. However he's certainly been right on a lot of things, and got the clearest images of the Moto X 2014, better than anyone else. And the AT&T thing was the only telco known to offer Moto Maker, only later on did Verizon jump on board.

Again, he was spot on with the Motorola Luge. Got everything 100% correct with that, and that was something no one had leaked/predicted at all. So he clearly has some insider feeding him info.

He and Android Police are the only ones leaking reliable info at the moment. Evleaks has retired and imo TK Tech News has taken his place. Only issue is that TK's leaks seem very Motorola specific, and not much info about other OEM's. Probably just because his source is in Moto and doesn't have sources in other companies.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Better versions of the pics have been posted here:
Ny Nexus | Swedroid

It doesn't look like a photoshopped pic of moto x, there are too many differences in the details (like no bottom speaker thingy) - my guess is that it's a wishful render by an amateur. But I hope it's just an early basic render of a real upcoming Nexus.....i'm not getting my hopes up though....

View attachment 135826

View attachment 135827

View attachment 135828

Edit: The original poster says further down in the thread that He found the pics in the comments (a Disqus thread) on this page:
Motorola introducerar nya Moto X - Swedroid
where the poster writes:

"En polare på motorola i usa skickade några screens på en mobil dom jobbar på , den ska tydligen vara nästan samma fast lite större batteri"

I'll translate it for you:

"A pal at motorola in the us send a few screens of a phone they're working on, it's supposedly almost the same (as the moto x) but with a larger battery"

hm.........

i don't mind that render other than the ugly huge moto symbol. that's basically the moto x so i call BS.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey mate just dropping in to say you were obviously right all along! First Nexus since the S I'm not going to buy on launch day. Have to physically hold that beast before I buy it. My N5 is a beast so I may just keep it, get a smartwatch, and the N9 instead. I don't exactly talk on the phone off of BT very often so if it's pocketable I may sell the N7 and go with the N6/9 combo. We'll see. I won't doubt your Moto connection going forward! Cheers.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey mate just dropping in to say you were obviously right all along! First Nexus since the S I'm not going to buy on launch day. Have to physically hold that beast before I buy it. My N5 is a beast so I may just keep it, get a smartwatch, and the N9 instead. I don't exactly talk on the phone off of BT very often so if it's pocketable I may sell the N7 and go with the N6/9 combo. We'll see. I won't doubt your Moto connection going forward! Cheers.

This thread was hilarious to read, thanks for the laughs!

Posted via the Android Central App

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
:)

...awaiting the deed to your farm...