Motorola Moto S

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
S = Shamu?

Moto S Confirmed Verizon Wireless Images, First Android Silver device? | TK Tech News

ON0H8JI.jpg

5FZRED6.jpg

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I read an article that said motorola is manufacturing the nexus 6 with a 5.2" screen and that the Verizon variant will be known as the moto s instead of having the nexus name. Not sure if this is true, does anyone else know any different?

Posted via Android Central App

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I read an article that said motorola is manufacturing the nexus 6 with a 5.2" screen and that the Verizon variant will be known as the moto s instead of having the nexus name. Not sure if this is true, does anyone else know any different?

Posted via Android Central App

And there's also articles stating 5.9. We have to wait and see.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Looks like an interesting device, whatever it ends up being.

If it does end up being an Android Silver device only available on a carrier, then I'll lose all interest for it.

I've used Motorola devices in the past, their RAZR and Droid phones and they have been absolutely horrible, so don't care for the company or their products. I get that Americans like them because they're an American company, but they make some horrendous products.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like an interesting device, whatever it ends up being.

If it does end up being an Android Silver device only available on a carrier, then I'll lose all interest for it.

I've used Motorola devices in the past, their RAZR and Droid phones and they have been absolutely horrible, so don't care for the company or their products. I get that Americans like them because they're an American company, but they make some horrendous products.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I agree Motorola has put out some questionable phones over the years but I can't name another company that hasn't put out some phone as bad or worse than Motorola. And I've tried just about all of the flagship phones from every maker in the last 5 years. Every single one had some issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree Motorola has put out some questionable phones over the years but I can't name another company that hasn't put out some phone as bad or worse than Motorola. And I've tried just about all of the flagship phones from every maker in the last 5 years. Every single one had some issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

The only phone that I've heard of that had a somewhat positive user experience was the Moto X, but that was released only after Google had acquired Motorola, and gotten one of the Google guys to lead Motorola. So they would have had heavy Google influence.

From my experience and reading others experiences, all Motorola phones made solely by Motorola have been quite lackluster.

Kind of the reason why I'm very weary about this Motorola manufactured Nexus 6 rumour. If it does end up being true, I just wish Motorola don't get a single say in anything to do with the device. They just get the instructions from Google and make it. That's all.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I get this sentiment. Having never run with one, I wouldn't feel qualified to say they make lackluster products, but up until last year I've yet to see a phone made by them that has made me even remotely consider buying one. The Moto X was the exception, but that came here far too late and at too high a cost.

However, I also remember having grave misgivings about LG running with the Nexus brand when it was first rumoured that they would be making the successor to the Gnex - I was wrong to be concerned; the Nexus 4 was a worthy daily driver for me, while the Nexus 5 has been, hands down, the best phone that I have owned.

I'm not too worried about who takes on the Nexus brand in the future, be it Motorola or another company, as I'm sure Google will continue to ensure that, for a certain type of customer, it is a great phone to own. Tbh I'm just grateful that they aren't (apparently) calling time on the Nexus line just yet; picking one up has become a bit of an annual ritual for me since getting the Gnex and one I would be sad to lose.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
The only phone that I've heard of that had a somewhat positive user experience was the Moto X, but that was released only after Google had acquired Motorola, and gotten one of the Google guys to lead Motorola. So they would have had heavy Google influence.

From my experience and reading others experiences, all Motorola phones made solely by Motorola have been quite lackluster.

Kind of the reason why I'm very weary about this Motorola manufactured Nexus 6 rumour. If it does end up being true, I just wish Motorola don't get a single say in anything to do with the device. They just get the instructions from Google and make it. That's all.

Don't forget the Moto G, which seems to be pretty much the best phone at the under $200 price point. Motorola, since the Google acquisition, has been making very good phones. They tend to have the best cell antennas of all cell phones and are running close to a pure Android. The one issue with their phones are the cameras, which are pretty mediocre.