I am considering the Nexus 6 [ X ] as a possible substitute for my choice of a Note 3 as my next phone (and first Android phone). If the specs turn out as recently indicated, it might be my choice. I am wondering, though, how soon cases and screen protectors (glass, hopefully) become available once a phone has been released? I was thinking of getting a Note 3 in the near future, but now I'm waiting to see what Nexus announces, which will be another delay. I'm willing to be patient in order to have a choice between devices, but I'm just wondering how much longer after it is announced or released I will likely have to wait to get a case and screen protector, which I consider necessary.
    09-26-2014 05:06 PM
    Nexus devices seem to be pretty well supported 3rd party. I would think there would be at least a few screen protector at launch if not right after. Official accessories are a different story..
    radicchio likes this.
    09-26-2014 05:40 PM
    Go on ebay some chinese companies will already have accessories for unreleased phones lol
    09-26-2014 07:13 PM
    Normally there will be a few cases on Amazon as rumors roll in...

Otherwise big companies like Otterbox will have stuff about a week after.
    radicchio likes this.
    09-27-2014 06:33 PM

It can take a little longer for some of the bigger brands like Otterbox (e.g., they only just released their case for the iPhone 6, and haven't yet put one out for the iPhone 6 Plus), as they take a little more care to ensure they put it out 'right' the first time -- off brands will try to be first to the party, and will just come out with another if there's a worthy improvement they can make.
    radicchio likes this.
    09-28-2014 12:14 PM

Otterbox still doesn't have a case for the Nexus 5. Based on that, I'm not sure if they'll release a case for the Nexus 6.
    Robbie317 likes this.
    09-28-2014 02:00 PM
    Otterbox still doesn't have a case for the Nexus 5. Based on that, I'm not sure if they'll release a case for the Nexus 6.
    This..... I can't recall Otterbox really making a case for a Nexus phone at all? They are all over the iPhone market with a quickness....

Spigen had Nexus 5 cases out before the phone even released.. I got mine a few days before I got my phone and I ordered the phone the day they announced it....
    MrSlippery519 likes this.
    09-29-2014 06:36 AM
    Yep don't count on Otterbox unless you have an iphone unfortunately.
    09-29-2014 07:52 AM
    Yup, they're big fans of iPhones there. I'd have bought an Otterbox for my N5 if they'd released one, but I'm happy with my Ballistic SG now.
    Robbie317 likes this.
    09-29-2014 04:34 PM
    Yup, they're big fans of iPhones there. I'd have bought an Otterbox for my N5 if they'd released one, but I'm happy with my Ballistic SG now.
    Yeah I had a commuter case for my GS3 and really liked the form factor!
    09-29-2014 06:49 PM