Google Nexus 6 on Verizon

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 on VERIZON

2 Signs the Nexus 6 will not be a Nexus on Verizon

When you boot the Nexus 6 up on Verizon and you see a splash screen that says "Verizon" you are not holding a Nexus in your hand.

When you have to buy your Nexus 6 from Verizon and not the Play Store you are not buying a Nexus.

Let's face it most of us lived through the VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus debacle.....why if this happens will it be any different? That is why I switched to AT&T and will never look back.
I cant believe people hate on the Verizon nexus so bad. When it's no Nexus or Verizon nexus I'll take Verizon nexus 100% of the time. Provided it has an unlocked bootloader. The change of 4g icon and Verizon when it boots up doesn't bother me. It's easily fixed same thing with slow updates if there is an unlocked bootloader.

Only thing that sucked between the vzw gnex and the unlocked was the damn 4g radios

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I cant believe people hate on the Verizon nexus so bad. When it's no Nexus or Verizon nexus I'll take Verizon nexus 100% of the time. Provided it has an unlocked bootloader. The change of 4g icon and Verizon when it boots up doesn't bother me. It's easily fixed same thing with slow updates if there is an unlocked bootloader.

Only thing that sucked between the vzw gnex and the unlocked was the damn 4g radios

A stock Android experience on the best Network in America? Yes, I'll take the Nexus on Verizon over any other carrier. The hatred towards Verizon is out of hand. The others, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile are not out to be your friends either. Stop acting like they're the saints of wireless.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

i hope it comes to verizon. i had the gnex and it treated me very well. i just hope moto builds it.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I was in line first thing in the morning the Galaxy Nexus was released. One of the worst phones I have owned and watched as Verizon did not update it as fast as the other Nexus devices. I never thought we would see another Nexus on Verizon. If this does release on Verizon, I'd get it again! Hopefully Verizon and Google learned their lesson the first time.

A lot of people have asked for a Motorola made Nexus device, I know i've voted for it on an Android site somewhere. I won't let the first experience keep me buying this one on Verizon.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I was in line first thing in the morning the Galaxy Nexus was released. One of the worst phones I have owned and watched as Verizon did not update it as fast as the other Nexus devices. I never thought we would see another Nexus on Verizon. If this does release on Verizon, I'd get it again! Hopefully Verizon and Google learned their lesson the first time.

A lot of people have asked for a Motorola made Nexus device, I know i've voted for it on an Android site somewhere. I won't let the first experience keep me buying this one on Verizon.
The only reason it was the worst phone was because it wouldn't hold signal. I don't recall major bugs in the software that didn't get fixed as it lagged behind. Just that it didn't get the 4.x.x updates as quick

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

The only reason it was the worst phone was because it wouldn't hold signal. I don't recall major bugs in the software that didn't get fixed as it lagged behind. Just that it didn't get the 4.x.x updates as quick

I agree, the signal was horrible as well as the battery life. I have high hopes for this.

My dilemma is choosing between the Nexus 6, Moto X, Droid Turbo, and maybe the Z3 if Verizon gets it. I would even like to try a Note Edge but I have a feeling the off contract price will take it out of consideration.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Z3 is the only other thing interesting to me if the n6 doesn't come I'll get the new X. The turbo would be sweet but the Droid phone updates lack behind the x. And the Droid sounds are obnoxious

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

The current generation Droids got their updates as fast as the Moto X did, even faster I believe with 4.4.4. Not sure if this will be the case this year as the internals will be different.

I'd love to try a top Sony phone on Verizon. A very high end phone and it's waterproof!

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

For some reason I thought they got them later. Plus not having on screen buttons is a step back

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Probably a stupid question, but...
What's the possibility of the Verizon nexus being able to be used on AT&T?

I have unlimited on Verizon, due for an upgrade, but it sounds like AT&T has much better service in my area. So I was hoping I could upgrade, then suspend my line, pop an AT&T prepaid SIM in the phone, check their network for a month or 2. Then if I like it, I sell my UDP. If not, then at least I'm not out the cost of buying an AT&T phone to only use it for a month.

Posted via the Android Central App

adam220891

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Probably a stupid question, but...
What's the possibility of the Verizon nexus being able to be used on AT&T?

I have unlimited on Verizon, due for an upgrade, but it sounds like AT&T has much better service in my area. So I was hoping I could upgrade, then suspend my line, pop an AT&T prepaid SIM in the phone, check their network for a month or 2. Then if I like it, I sell my UDP. If not, then at least I'm not out the cost of buying an AT&T phone to only use it for a month.

Posted via the Android Central App

Verizon is CDMA. AT&T is GSM. Totally different.

If you want to use it on AT&T, but it from the Play Store. Should work fine on AT&T and T-Mobile (also GSM) and can easily be sold if you don't want to keep it.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

consider the Nexus X/6 + AT&T GoPhone Prepaid No Contract -

----------------------------------------------Prepaid-------------------------------Post Paid
Phone Cost--------------------------------$350-------------------------------- $299
Monthly Service
after all taxes/fees/discounts---------$60 ----------------------------------$100
Months-------------------------------------24 ------------------------------------24
Total Service cost
after X Months --------------------------$1,440 -------------------------------$2,400

Total Payout After 24 Months ----------- $1,790---------------------------$2,699

Difference after 24 Months------------------ $909

that's enough savings to buy 2-3 new Nexus phones every 24 months!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fwireless%2Fgophone-plans.html&token=EIabuKxx

Casey DC

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Verizon is CDMA. AT&T is GSM. Totally different.

If you want to use it on AT&T, but it from the Play Store. Should work fine on AT&T and T-Mobile (also GSM) and can easily be sold if you don't want to keep it.

Well yes they are different radio technologies but I would wager this will work fine on ATT. Verizon unlocks all its flagship phone's radios to work on other networks (iPhones, Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, and Moto X) to work whenever bands line up, provided it has a GSM radio (which this one should).

Casey DC

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

2 Signs the Nexus 6 will not be a Nexus on Verizon

When you boot the Nexus 6 up on Verizon and you see a splash screen that says "Verizon" you are not holding a Nexus in your hand.

When you have to buy your Nexus 6 from Verizon and not the Play Store you are not buying a Nexus.

Let's face it most of us lived through the VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus debacle.....why if this happens will it be any different? That is why I switched to AT&T and will never look back.

So in YOUR definition a Nexus has to be identical on every carrier and can't be purchased from ANY carrier stores/websites? Google clearly disagrees with you on that one and if Google puts the Nexus name on it, then it is a Nexus.

adam220891

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Well yes they are different radio technologies but I would wager this will work fine on ATT. Verizon unlocks all its flagship phone's radios to work on other networks (iPhones, Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, and Moto X) to work whenever bands line up, provided it has a GSM radio (which this one should).

I was figuring two models with different radios, but you could be right.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

So in YOUR definition a Nexus has to be identical on every carrier and can't be purchased from ANY carrier stores/websites? Google clearly disagrees with you on that one and if Google puts the Nexus name on it, then it is a Nexus.

tell that to the CDMA G-Nex owners who had to suffer through delayed updates and bloatware thanks to VZW.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance