Google Nexus 6 Reportedly Heading To Verizon - Business Insider

I really hope not

EDIT: it's official

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or Galaxy S5
    10-03-2014 09:18 AM

I really hope not

Happ has said it's definitely coming to Verizon and he's been extremely trustworthy thus far so I have no reason not to believe it especially since there's been multiple reports.

Keeping faith!!
    10-03-2014 09:24 AM
    Awesome news.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-03-2014 10:04 AM

I really hope not

Not sure why people don't want Verizon to get it. If your on Verizon and don't want it to come because they messed up the first one then don't buy it. The only problem I had with the GN is the junk radio. Other then that I was very happy to have a Nexus on Verizon. Does my Verizon and backup assistant really bother you that much you would rather not have a Nexus at all? People can have their own opinions but that's ridiculous.

And if your not on Verizon and don't want them to get it because they "tarnished" the Nexus name. Then you have other issues. Myself being on Verizon will be happy with a Nexus even if Verizon requires changes vs the unlocked ones.
    10-03-2014 10:13 AM
    I couldn't care less if Verizon gets it or not. I'm getting the phone from the playstore.
    fabulas likes this.
    10-03-2014 10:16 AM
    Nexus 6 here I come!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-03-2014 05:04 PM
    i don't want the Nexus program to be tainted and defiled by those evil criminal bastards at Verizon. Verizon is an evil criminal enterprise.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-03-2014 06:04 PM
    i don't want the Nexus program to be tainted and defiled by those evil criminal bastards at Verizon. Verizon is an evil criminal enterprise.
    But... but their coverage

10-03-2014 07:24 PM
    I'm still getting mine from the play store but this is great

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-03-2014 07:35 PM
    But... but their coverage

their coverage is no better than AT&T IMO. i've had both. i choose AT&T GoPhone because i prefer value, choice, openness, and freedom over closed and proprietary oppressiveness.
    10-03-2014 07:40 PM
    their coverage is no better than AT&T IMO. i've had both. i choose AT&T GoPhone because i prefer value, choice, openness, and freedom over closed and proprietary oppressiveness.
    It's not a matter of opinion. VZW has the best coverage. Hating Verizon doesn't change that fact.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    tr-1, bold1193, bmyers_az and 1 others like this.
    10-03-2014 07:48 PM
    It's not a matter of opinion. VZW has the best coverage. Hating Verizon doesn't change that fact.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    I'm sure some places are similar like major cities but the farther away from cities the worse att sprint and t mobile get
    MrHug3, bmyers_az and japetty like this.
    10-03-2014 08:25 PM
    If Verizon is the official carrier of the Nexus 6, would that rule out using it on TMobile, or would the Play Store edition be unlocked?
    10-05-2014 08:15 AM
    If Verizon is the official carrier of the Nexus 6, would that rule out using it on TMobile, or would the Play Store edition be unlocked?
    Verizon, is not the official carrier. I have no idea where you're getting that from. Playstore will have the unlocked and pure Nexus just like the previous two.
    10-05-2014 08:40 AM
    Verizon, is not the official carrier. I have no idea where you're getting that from. Playstore will have the unlocked and pure Nexus just like the previous two.
    Good to know.
    10-05-2014 08:59 AM
    so is at&t.
    japetty likes this.
    10-05-2014 09:07 AM
    so is at&t.
    AT&T is open. open to choice and freedom and BYOD. AT&T is device friendly.
    Storm24 likes this.
    10-05-2014 09:27 AM
    2 Signs the Nexus 6 will not be a Nexus on Verizon

When you boot the Nexus 6 up on Verizon and you see a splash screen that says "Verizon" you are not holding a Nexus in your hand.

When you have to buy your Nexus 6 from Verizon and not the Play Store you are not buying a Nexus.

Let's face it most of us lived through the VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus debacle.....why if this happens will it be any different? That is why I switched to AT&T and will never look back.
    10-05-2014 10:01 AM
    This is a pointless complaint. Its not like Verizon will be the exclusive carrier if they get the Nexus 6. It allows people more choice! Verizon getting it in no way affects what other carriers will or how it will behave.
    10-05-2014 12:13 PM

When you boot the Nexus 6 up on Verizon and you see a splash screen that says "Verizon" you are not holding a Nexus in your hand.

When you have to buy your Nexus 6 from Verizon and not the Play Store you are not buying a Nexus.

Let's face it most of us lived through the VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus debacle.....why if this happens will it be any different? That is why I switched to AT&T and will never look back.
    Yes, that was the past and is what everyone is afraid of. What we're hoping is that Google has forced Verizon to stop being evil
    10-05-2014 12:15 PM

I cant believe people hate on the Verizon nexus so bad. When it's no Nexus or Verizon nexus I'll take Verizon nexus 100% of the time. Provided it has an unlocked bootloader. The change of 4g icon and Verizon when it boots up doesn't bother me. It's easily fixed same thing with slow updates if there is an unlocked bootloader.

Only thing that sucked between the vzw gnex and the unlocked was the damn 4g radios
    10-05-2014 12:15 PM
    Release date?

Phone junkie
    10-06-2014 07:09 PM
    If Verizon is evil what the hell is ATT? LOL
    cjp39, japetty and anon(27512) like this.
    10-06-2014 08:14 PM
    I cant believe people hate on the Verizon nexus so bad. When it's no Nexus or Verizon nexus I'll take Verizon nexus 100% of the time. Provided it has an unlocked bootloader. The change of 4g icon and Verizon when it boots up doesn't bother me. It's easily fixed same thing with slow updates if there is an unlocked bootloader.

Only thing that sucked between the vzw gnex and the unlocked was the damn 4g radios
    A stock Android experience on the best Network in America? Yes, I'll take the Nexus on Verizon over any other carrier. The hatred towards Verizon is out of hand. The others, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile are not out to be your friends either. Stop acting like they're the saints of wireless.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-06-2014 08:36 PM
    i hope it comes to verizon. i had the gnex and it treated me very well. i just hope moto builds it.
    10-06-2014 09:22 PM
1,616 123 ...