Size of new Nexus?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone in this forum confirm or deny what the size of the next Nexus will be? How about the Nexus 5? Will Google re-issue a revamped Nexus 5, at about 5.2"? I'm sitting here ready to hit the "buy button" at the Play Store, but i don't want to wait too long. A 5.9" Nexus, is not for me. :p

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone in this forum confirm or deny what the size of the next Nexus will be? How about the Nexus 5? Will Google re-issue a revamped Nexus 5, at about 5.2"? I'm sitting here ready to hit the "buy button" at the Play Store, but i don't want to wait too long. A 5.9" Nexus, is not for me. :p

Just go buy a 2014 Moto X pure edition...... All signs and rumors point to 5.9.... and from those rumors it's just going to be a blown up 2014 Moto X anyway...... (Minus the few Motorola added features)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just go buy a 2014 Moto X pure edition...... All signs and rumors point to 5.9.... and from those rumors it's just going to be a blown up 2014 Moto X anyway...... (Minus the few Motorola added features)

I'm with AT&T, and on their Next Plan, so that's doable. I've been hoping to get a Nexus, but 5.9" inches is just too big. I'll wait until my Next Plan is up, and see what's available then. Thanks.:p

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm with AT&T, and on their Next Plan, so that's doable. I've been hoping to get a Nexus, but 5.9" inches is just too big. I'll wait until my Next Plan is up, and see what's available then. Thanks.:p

I looked at the new Moto X... I wish it had wireless charging... I also believe that they will eventually run it on sale in the near future like they did numerous times with the original Moto X...... $499 is a little steep for what your getting (outright) I think $399 for that device would be more in line with what MOST of us in the Nexus world are starting to get use to... But at $499 for something that is just .2 inch bigger than a Nexus 5 and for the most part the same specs?????? Even $399 puts it on par with a year old Nexus 5, 32 gig from the play store....

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I am going to make a bet that this 6" Nexus will be the best selling Nexus phone ever.

As long as people buy them, they'll keep on getting bigger. If nobody bought it, next year it would have great specs and be back to 5.0-5.2". I'm not buying a backpack to carry my phone in.:p

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
As long as people buy them, they'll keep on getting bigger. If nobody bought it, next year it would have great specs and be back to 5.0-5.2". I'm not buying a backpack to carry my phone in.:p
Theres a funny thread on another forum (can't remember which) but its from a few years ago and people were going mad about a 4.5inch phone being released and how it was "too big". In a couple of years we'll all be carrying 7.5inch phones.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Theres a funny thread on another forum (can't remember which) but its from a few years ago and people were going mad about a 4.5inch phone being released and how it was "too big". In a couple of years we'll all be carrying 7.5inch phones.

That's been the word every year, pretty much. I remember it starting with 4.3 inch phones. It was a revelation for me going from 3.5 to 4 inches, then to 5.5. I find I never wish my phone was smaller, only larger. It's definitely personal preference, but I do not understand the people who have pocket issues. My jeans or suit pants pockets are plenty big for my Note 2. The phone would have to be quite a bit larger before pocket size became an issue for me.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Don't know about 7.5 inch... Well until they figure out how to create a nice folding screen at a reasonable price (I am sure that will be here one day) but 6 inch is getting pretty big.... I can't wait... I've wanted a Note 3 and I looked into the LG G3 and the new Note 4.... As has been mentioned more than once on here and other threads.... It comes down to the bezel... some of these phones have larger screens but the bezel is so small the overall size of the device isn't that much bigger if bigger at all....

Samsung (and Apple) could reduce the size of the devices by eliminating the home button....

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Don't know about 7.5 inch... Well until they figure out how to create a nice folding screen at a reasonable price (I am sure that will be here one day) but 6 inch is getting pretty big.... I can't wait... I've wanted a Note 3 and I looked into the LG G3 and the new Note 4.... As has been mentioned more than once on here and other threads.... It comes down to the bezel... some of these phones have larger screens but the bezel is so small the overall size of the device isn't that much bigger if bigger at all....

Samsung (and Apple) could reduce the size of the devices by eliminating the home button....
I agree 6" is getting to the "too big" limit. I have fairly big hands so should be OK. I was looking at the Note 4 but its stupidly expensive and has (if rumours are correct) the same specs as the N6 which will probably be about £150 cheaper. Add to that the numerous Roms and kernels and unlocked BL the N6 will have and Android L at launch,its a day one buy for me. On a side note, avoid the G3....really bad phone :)

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
^^^ Agreed there will be a threshold for the masses on "size", I really think 6" will be about the max. Not to suggest companies wont make larger phones but I just do not see how someone is going to carry around a 7.5" phone...unless all guys are going to start carrying purses lol.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Agreed there will be a threshold for the masses on "size", I really think 6" will be about the max. Not to suggest companies wont make larger phones but I just do not see how someone is going to carry around a 7.5" phone...unless all guys are going to start carrying purses lol.

it's a Satchel!!!!!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We will revisit this subject in a few months.

Not that I agree it will or will not be, but I thought Google never states how many units they sell (might be mistaken). Although I guess they could make a generic statement but I'm doubting we'll find out truly.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Not that I agree it will or will not be, but I thought Google never states how many units they sell (might be mistaken). Although I guess they could make a generic statement but I'm doubting we'll find out truly.
They can't do that because it would be bad for their partnership with the manufacturers. We can get a vague idea by the public response and how much the media and pundits like it.

A lot of users haven't had a taste of Motorola design and build quality, signal and call quality, so I think some people will be in for a surprise.

The biggest finger cross I have for the phone as a Motorola is the camera, and as a Nexus, the storage size.

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

No, because nothing about nothing has been confirmed. There's even still a debate about whether or not Shamu is really the new Nexus.
Just wait a couple weeks. Answers will come.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
As long as people buy them, they'll keep on getting bigger. If nobody bought it, next year it would have great specs and be back to 5.0-5.2".

If no one bought the new Nexus phone, we'll probably see a price drop. People love a bargain, so sales will go up when the price is right.

Google will then claim that there was nothing wrong with the size of the phone. It was just a problem with the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech