Google Nexus 6 Phablet vs Tablet, which should I choose?

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I know its ultimately a personal choice, But I'm really stuck between the 6 and the 9 :-\ so if anyone could tell me their reasoning for one or the other, I think it might help me decide....mucho Thanks!:)

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phablet vs tablet

I am going to probably get both. The Nexus 9 will replace my Galaxy tab s and the Nexus 6 will replace my Note 3. Sadly when you have a phone that is like the Note 3 and Nexus 6, the tablet tends to sit on the shelf and you find that you are using the phone way more than you realized.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Tablets are of very limited value to me. I have a phone and a laptop. I like my phone to be big enough to read articles and consume media, but I don't wish to carry around a tablet. I need my laptop for productivity, and I can use it when I need something bigger than a phone.

My kids have tablets. The tablets are great for them.

It's all about how you use your devices.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

If you can only get one, get the phone.

I have a Note 2, a desktop and a tablet. I use the desktop in the morning for serious typing. Then it's the Note 2 all day. I love the look of my Galaxy Tab S tablet 10.5, but I force myself to put down the Note 2 and use the tablet.

The larger phones are large enough to just have one device that does it all.

Posted via Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Tablets are of very limited value to me. I have a phone and a laptop. I like my phone to be big enough to read articles and consume media, but I don't wish to carry around a tablet. I need my laptop for productivity, and I can use it when I need something bigger than a phone.

My kids have tablets. The tablets are great for them.

It's all about how you use your devices.

THIS!! I have a laptop and my phone (I actually do have a Nexus 7 too) I don't talk on the phone much.. I average 60 - 80 minutes a month so most of my use of my phone is consuming data.... Video, Texting, social media and such.... I don't even use my Nexus 7 any more because at home I find my laptop just does more... and with a Chromecast on each TV I usually cast video from my phone to my TV's all the time now.... It's easier and simpler... So "MY" personal preference is to have a much bigger phone..... 6 inches about perfect... It might be slightly big but I figure just like all the bigger devices I've gotten over the years... You adjust.. and for a time I carried my Nexus 7 with me and tethered off my phone... just didn't like carrying two devices.... I want one device for 90% of my use....

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Idk, I use all 3 at different times usually. Most the time browsing stuff at home I'll use my N7, if I'm out of the house I'll use my phone, and for work I usually use a Chromebook. I'm not sure yet if I want the N9, the N7 is fine for home but I might use the N9 more at work if I can get the LTE version for a decent price.

Imo the phone is probably top priority depending on which phone you're coming from.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for the replies, there's a lot of good points for the larger phone as opposed to a tablet. I currently have a nexus 5 so I'm going to really have to research if the upgrade is worth the money. I went from the 4 to the 5 without even thinking about it, but this is a BIG jump in nexus pricing

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown