Google Nexus 6 Water Resistance?

Ericdmiller88

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Nexus 6 has an IP rating like the Sony Z3?

On the promo video they show it in a tank, Motorola's site shows water resistance as well. I would assume that if it can be dropped in a tank, the water resistance is at least on par with the Sony Z2?

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Water Resistance?

That's good news -- a valuable feature, if true.

I haven't seen a fully detailed spec sheet -- maybe it's not available -- maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

No, it is water resistant, not water proof. It have water resistant nano coating, but no flaps or anything to prevent water from getting in the phone.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Water resistance is better than nothing. I wasn't expecting water proof. I thought I saw somewhere that the phone was tested in a simulated rain storm for a couple of minutes and survived. Maybe I'm tripping. I wish I could find where I (thought) saw it.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

That water resistance on the X didn't look so bad. Do we know if the coating on the 6 is the same technology?
It does have it. All the Moto phones gets it, including the Moto E, G and X, and Droid Turbo too. I believe they started doing it since the Droid Razr.

This one didn't fair too well, but her past video of the original Moto G survived 30minutes under salt-free water.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO