What phone are you leaving for the Nexus 6?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Leaving my Nexus 5. It's been a good phone, but it has a few drawbacks. I like that the 6 is a top of the line everything phone. I sold my Nexus 7 a month ago because it was collecting dust and I was waiting on a bigger phone to take the place of the tablet. So this is perfect for me. I'll be buying it as soon as I can.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Note 2.

It's been a good phone, but it's starting to get worn out. I love the size. I'm not crazy about TW. I run a debloated ROM, which helps some. I've tried AOSP ROMS, but they've always been a bit buggy. I also hate having to mess with ROMs. I feel like I'm doing the manufacturer's job, but without pay. That's why I'm getting a Nexus instead of a Note 4. I just hope the camera is good.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
G2. Everyone seems to think Verizon is going to screw up the Nexus but sprint proved cdma carriers don't need to mess with the phone.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that is a good point and a huge drawback. I would say to get the Nexus 6 and sell your other devices to recoup the cost. You might come out ahead.

One last question for you or anyone who has some input. I might have the opportunity to trade my iPhone for a s5, do you think that would have a higher resale value come time to sell for the nexus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Going to trade in both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.... Temped to not preorder and just wait for a deal on one around Christmas... I have a feeling we will see a few "This is just too big" ads on Craigslist or Swappa.... but I don't know if I can wait that long... I passed on the Note 3 just because of the unlocked cost new and touchwiz....

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I will be selling my OnePlus ones. I have a Iphone 6 plus also but probably will be keeping it.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
One last question for you or anyone who has some input. I might have the opportunity to trade my iPhone for a s5, do you think that would have a higher resale value come time to sell for the nexus?

S5 is an older phone. It came out earlier this year. Its a great phone but, I would go with the Nexus. In terms of resale, its probably going to be about the same. Resale is kind of hard to predict especially when these carriers are pushing the non-subsidized phones in favor of their new programs like the AT&T Next and Edge. At one point, these carriers will need to get rid of these phones somehow and flood the resale market.

When I sold my IPhone 5, even though I cleared around 400, when I bought the phone it was 299+tax+activation fee which came out to around 400 which means that I broke even or lost a little bit of money. I sold my IPhone back in February. I was expecting a much higher resale for the 5 then what I got so, I was a little disappointed in the end.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
S5 is an older phone. It came out earlier this year. Its a great phone but, I would go with the Nexus. In terms of resale, its probably going to be about the same. Resale is kind of hard to predict especially when these carriers are pushing the non-subsidized phones in favor of their new programs like the AT&T Next and Edge. At one point, these carriers will need to get rid of these phones somehow and flood the resale market.

When I sold my IPhone 5, even though I cleared around 400, when I bought the phone it was 299+tax+activation fee which came out to around 400 which means that I broke even or lost a little bit of money. I sold my IPhone back in February. I was expecting a much higher resale for the 5 then what I got so, I was a little disappointed in the end.

So you think resale for s5 and 5s could be similar?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
So you think resale for s5 and 5s could be similar?

Could be. I was disappointed with the resale of the IPhone 5 when I sold it. Previous years when I sold the IPhone 4 and 4s, the amount that I got for it was quite impressive.

I do know that when I sold my Samsung S3, the amount I was expecting was nowhere near what I got. That was after owning the phone for 3 months. I think it sold for around $350 on Ebay so, I wound up losing money.

Also some places like Gazelle and Amazon turn out to be pretty impressive to trade in the phone especially after you calculate the fees for selling on Ebay

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Could be. I was disappointed with the resale of the IPhone 5 when I sold it. Previous years when I sold the IPhone 4 and 4s, the amount that I got for it was quite impressive.

I do know that when I sold my Samsung S3, the amount I was expecting was nowhere near what I got. That was after owning the phone for 3 months. I think it sold for around $350 on Ebay so, I wound up losing money.

Also some places like Gazelle and Amazon turn out to be pretty impressive to trade in the phone especially after you calculate the fees for selling on Ebay

Okay thanks! I think I'll do the trade for he s5 for now and see where that takes me.

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving the note3 and M8. I've had the nexus 7 for a wile and like pure android. The only thing that is making me think twice is that I am a S pen user and like multi window at times so it is out of the nexus 6 or note 4 as my next phone.

Posted via Android Central App