What phone are you leaving for the Nexus 6?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
For those people who will be getting the Nexus 6, what phone are you currently on that you'll stop using when you get the Nexus 6?

I currently have a HTC One M8. Have had it since launch day and has served me extremely well, however it's time to move on.

Hoping the Nexus 6 has stellar camera and battery life. Also not sure about the AMOLED display. Every time I see an AMOLED display on a Samsung phone, they're always extremely saturated. I hope Motorola have the calibration of the screen down a notch. Would prefer more accurate colours.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I also have the M8 and am ready to move on to either the Nexus 6, Turbo, or new Moto X. The Nexus 6 is so tempting...just not sure if I can handle the size.

In regards to AMOLED displays, they have come a long way over the last couple of years. The Galaxy S5 was found to have the most accurate display of any smartphone when it came out and, if I remember correctly, the Note 4 is up there as well. Not saying that the Nexus will have as good of a screen as the S5 or Note, but it should be pretty solid.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 5 and i honestly feel bad. Besides the Camera my Nexus 5 has been absolutely the best phone I have ever owned and i've owned a good 30 phones. My dream phone was the Nexus 5 with an upgrade of specs.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S4. Which, I guess is kind of considered "ancient" now, but I've only had it for about 14 months, and I've been pretty happy with it. I just can't resist the urge to have a Nexus again. Shame I'll have to pay full retail price, but eh.

I wonder how much money I could get for selling my S4, as well as an old Asus Transformer Prime (TF 201) tablet...?

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I need some encouragement here. I've been in the apple ecosystem for a while now with my iPhone 5s and iPad 4. But I really wanna sell both of them and buy the nexus 6, what do you guys think? Is the 6 worth it's off contract price? Surly I can get at least 700 for both together, they're both 32 gb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S4. Which, I guess is kind of considered "ancient" now, but I've only had it for about 14 months, and I've been pretty happy with it. I just can't resist the urge to have a Nexus again. Shame I'll have to pay full retail price, but eh.

I wonder how much money I could get for selling my S4, as well as an old Asus Transformer Prime (TF 201) tablet...?
Swappa is a good place to sell it, the price is slightly lower than eBay, but the fee is less as well. You can sell it in the Market place in this forum as well.

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Note 3, I really didn't want to jump to the 4 and Z3/2014 Moto x are not an option with Sprint so this is my best bet.

not mad about it though could be worse

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Still using the Nexus 5 here. Not really keen on AMOLED displays as I find they're just not as sharp as the Super LCD and IPS on the Nexus 5 in my opinion but that's just personal preference. Will check out the Nexus 6 on release in the UK but the size is a bit off putting still, at least for now. Either way it looks to be a killer device no matter what.

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Moto X (1st Generation) is the phone that will be replaced by the Nexus 6. Although I am still deciding if I should get this or the Droid Turbo. I don't mind the look of the Turbo unlike a lot of people. Basically the same specs except its on-screen vs capacitive buttons, 5.2 vs 5.96 in screen, and 13 vs 21 mp camera. MPs on a camera don't really mean much if the picture isn't all that. Oh yeah, really any difference in battery life between a 3220 mah vs 3900 mah battery?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Note 3 although ironically I am worried about the size. The other phone that I am still considering is the Moto X. The jury is out. Depends on what time of the day, I am on to decide which one to get. I heard they are supposed to be in stores on November 3 and presale starts Friday. Hopefully that rumor is true.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I need some encouragement here. I've been in the apple ecosystem for a while now with my iPhone 5s and iPad 4. But I really wanna sell both of them and buy the nexus 6, what do you guys think? Is the 6 worth it's off contract price? Surly I can get at least 700 for both together, they're both 32 gb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is my story.....

Had the Motorola Droid X and decided I wanted to try Apple. I bought the IPhone 4 and was ecstatic.
Got rid of the IPhone 4 and got a Galaxy S3 and hated the battery life. Vowed I would never go back to Android after that I bought the IPhone 5.
12 months later, I got the Note 4. The real motivation was that I wanted to try Android again and got on the Edge program. After all, 2 months in, if the device did not work out, I would go back to Apple with minimal loss.

Now I am looking at the Nexus 6 and Moto X. If you look at the number of phones that have come out, not sure how the resale market will be. I know that I sold my IPhone 5 on Ebay for 450 and they took out 20% in fees so, I got about 390 back on the phone. Not a great resale for the phone. I did notice that my resale on my Note 3 was not that great either.

Also, if you look at where devices are now verses a year ago, a lot has changed and the devices that were hot a year ago, seem so old.

Hopefully that will help.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Here is my story.....

Had the Motorola Droid X and decided I wanted to try Apple. I bought the IPhone 4 and was ecstatic.
Got rid of the IPhone 4 and got a Galaxy S3 and hated the battery life. Vowed I would never go back to Android after that I bought the IPhone 5.
12 months later, I got the Note 4. The real motivation was that I wanted to try Android again and got on the Edge program. After all, 2 months in, if the device did not work out, I would go back to Apple with minimal loss.

Now I am looking at the Nexus 6 and Moto X. If you look at the number of phones that have come out, not sure how the resale market will be. I know that I sold my IPhone 5 on Ebay for 450 and they took out 20% in fees so, I got about 390 back on the phone. Not a great resale for the phone. I did notice that my resale on my Note 3 was not that great either.

Also, if you look at where devices are now verses a year ago, a lot has changed and the devices that were hot a year ago, seem so old.

Hopefully that will help.

That does help, there's always been a part of me that has missed android ever since I've had the iPhone. The nexus 6 just put that to a whole new level, to the point where I want to sell my 5 month old iPhone 5s and move back to a nice big android screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving the N5 for the N6. The specs are awesome and I love the absolutely huge screen. I love the two N5's I have had. My first went to my youngest daughter and my second will probably go to my oldest daughter if she will pay for it (no freebies heh). If she won't then it will be my wife's phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781