02-28-2015 04:34 PM
182 123 ...
tools
    For those people who will be getting the Nexus 6, what phone are you currently on that you'll stop using when you get the Nexus 6?

I currently have a HTC One M8. Have had it since launch day and has served me extremely well, however it's time to move on.

Hoping the Nexus 6 has stellar camera and battery life. Also not sure about the AMOLED display. Every time I see an AMOLED display on a Samsung phone, they're always extremely saturated. I hope Motorola have the calibration of the screen down a notch. Would prefer more accurate colours.
    10-15-2014 05:18 PM
    I also have the M8 and am ready to move on to either the Nexus 6, Turbo, or new Moto X. The Nexus 6 is so tempting...just not sure if I can handle the size.

In regards to AMOLED displays, they have come a long way over the last couple of years. The Galaxy S5 was found to have the most accurate display of any smartphone when it came out and, if I remember correctly, the Note 4 is up there as well. Not saying that the Nexus will have as good of a screen as the S5 or Note, but it should be pretty solid.
    10-15-2014 05:28 PM
    M8 here, too. I had just fought off the urge to get a Note 4 and then this drops! I think I must have one.
    10-15-2014 05:31 PM
    Nexus 5 & iPad Air. I am ditching those for the Nexus 6.
    10-15-2014 05:41 PM
    Nexus 5 and i honestly feel bad. Besides the Camera my Nexus 5 has been absolutely the best phone I have ever owned and i've owned a good 30 phones. My dream phone was the Nexus 5 with an upgrade of specs.
    10-15-2014 05:54 PM
    M8. I was leaning towards the Z3v, but wanted to wait and see if the rumors were true. And they were.
    bigjay1641 likes this.
    10-15-2014 05:54 PM
    I have the Galaxy S4. Which, I guess is kind of considered "ancient" now, but I've only had it for about 14 months, and I've been pretty happy with it. I just can't resist the urge to have a Nexus again. Shame I'll have to pay full retail price, but eh.

I wonder how much money I could get for selling my S4, as well as an old Asus Transformer Prime (TF 201) tablet...?
    10-15-2014 05:57 PM
    I need some encouragement here. I've been in the apple ecosystem for a while now with my iPhone 5s and iPad 4. But I really wanna sell both of them and buy the nexus 6, what do you guys think? Is the 6 worth it's off contract price? Surly I can get at least 700 for both together, they're both 32 gb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    10-15-2014 06:20 PM
    My Nexus 5 will now sit in a drawer alongside my Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7
    10-15-2014 06:23 PM
    Verizon galaxy nexus
    10-15-2014 06:41 PM
    I have the Galaxy S4. Which, I guess is kind of considered "ancient" now, but I've only had it for about 14 months, and I've been pretty happy with it. I just can't resist the urge to have a Nexus again. Shame I'll have to pay full retail price, but eh.

I wonder how much money I could get for selling my S4, as well as an old Asus Transformer Prime (TF 201) tablet...?
    Swappa is a good place to sell it, the price is slightly lower than eBay, but the fee is less as well. You can sell it in the Market place in this forum as well.
    10-15-2014 06:41 PM
    Note 3, I really didn't want to jump to the 4 and Z3/2014 Moto x are not an option with Sprint so this is my best bet.

not mad about it though could be worse
    10-15-2014 06:58 PM
    I got my Note 4 on Monday (thanks T-Mobile). It is going back tomorrow. I'll continue using my OnePlus One until the N6 comes along.
    10-15-2014 07:06 PM
    Galaxy Nexus haha. Its about time move on to this beast.
    10-15-2014 07:07 PM
    Still using the Nexus 5 here. Not really keen on AMOLED displays as I find they're just not as sharp as the Super LCD and IPS on the Nexus 5 in my opinion but that's just personal preference. Will check out the Nexus 6 on release in the UK but the size is a bit off putting still, at least for now. Either way it looks to be a killer device no matter what.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jamie_tnt likes this.
    10-15-2014 07:19 PM
    Moto X (1st Generation) is the phone that will be replaced by the Nexus 6. Although I am still deciding if I should get this or the Droid Turbo. I don't mind the look of the Turbo unlike a lot of people. Basically the same specs except its on-screen vs capacitive buttons, 5.2 vs 5.96 in screen, and 13 vs 21 mp camera. MPs on a camera don't really mean much if the picture isn't all that. Oh yeah, really any difference in battery life between a 3220 mah vs 3900 mah battery?
    10-15-2014 07:46 PM
    Note 3 although ironically I am worried about the size. The other phone that I am still considering is the Moto X. The jury is out. Depends on what time of the day, I am on to decide which one to get. I heard they are supposed to be in stores on November 3 and presale starts Friday. Hopefully that rumor is true.
    10-15-2014 08:27 PM
    I need some encouragement here. I've been in the apple ecosystem for a while now with my iPhone 5s and iPad 4. But I really wanna sell both of them and buy the nexus 6, what do you guys think? Is the 6 worth it's off contract price? Surly I can get at least 700 for both together, they're both 32 gb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Here is my story.....

Had the Motorola Droid X and decided I wanted to try Apple. I bought the IPhone 4 and was ecstatic.
    Got rid of the IPhone 4 and got a Galaxy S3 and hated the battery life. Vowed I would never go back to Android after that I bought the IPhone 5.
    12 months later, I got the Note 4. The real motivation was that I wanted to try Android again and got on the Edge program. After all, 2 months in, if the device did not work out, I would go back to Apple with minimal loss.

Now I am looking at the Nexus 6 and Moto X. If you look at the number of phones that have come out, not sure how the resale market will be. I know that I sold my IPhone 5 on Ebay for 450 and they took out 20% in fees so, I got about 390 back on the phone. Not a great resale for the phone. I did notice that my resale on my Note 3 was not that great either.

Also, if you look at where devices are now verses a year ago, a lot has changed and the devices that were hot a year ago, seem so old.

Hopefully that will help.
    10-15-2014 08:33 PM
    Here is my story.....

Had the Motorola Droid X and decided I wanted to try Apple. I bought the IPhone 4 and was ecstatic.
    Got rid of the IPhone 4 and got a Galaxy S3 and hated the battery life. Vowed I would never go back to Android after that I bought the IPhone 5.
    12 months later, I got the Note 4. The real motivation was that I wanted to try Android again and got on the Edge program. After all, 2 months in, if the device did not work out, I would go back to Apple with minimal loss.

Now I am looking at the Nexus 6 and Moto X. If you look at the number of phones that have come out, not sure how the resale market will be. I know that I sold my IPhone 5 on Ebay for 450 and they took out 20% in fees so, I got about 390 back on the phone. Not a great resale for the phone. I did notice that my resale on my Note 3 was not that great either.

Also, if you look at where devices are now verses a year ago, a lot has changed and the devices that were hot a year ago, seem so old.

Hopefully that will help.
    That does help, there's always been a part of me that has missed android ever since I've had the iPhone. The nexus 6 just put that to a whole new level, to the point where I want to sell my 5 month old iPhone 5s and move back to a nice big android screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 08:38 PM
    I'm leaving the N5 for the N6. The specs are awesome and I love the absolutely huge screen. I love the two N5's I have had. My first went to my youngest daughter and my second will probably go to my oldest daughter if she will pay for it (no freebies heh). If she won't then it will be my wife's phone.
    10-15-2014 08:46 PM
    I'll be selling my Droid MAXX Developer Edition for the Nexus 6, once I confirm the unlocked Americas variant (XT1103) will work on Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 08:47 PM
    That does help, there's always been a part of me that has missed android ever since I've had the iPhone. The nexus 6 just put that to a whole new level, to the point where I want to sell my 5 month old iPhone 5s and move back to a nice big android screen.

Seems like there are a lot of us that have left Android and returned back. I really think Android is taking the lead on the mobile market now. To a certain extent, I did not think that I would stay with Android after being stung with the S3. I loved the S3, just hated the battery life. It got to the point where notifications had to all be switched off to make it through 8 hours.

For me, the Edge was a lower risk and I know that some will disagree and that is fine. Also, the Note 3 was the first phone that I actually considered keeping past the 12 month mark. I find myself using my tablet much less now, that I have the larger screen in my Note 3. Btw, I had an Ipad 2 and gave that to my dad and bought a Galaxy Tab S. That tablet display is incredible. I probably would have stayed with the Samsung product line if it hadn't been a desire to shop around and try other devices. If the Nexus doesn't work out for me, I can always go back to the Note line with the Note 4.

Another cool thing too, is the wearable market. I am a watch kind of person before the Note 3. I got the Galaxy Gear on a promo with the Note 3 when I bought it. Never wore another watch after that. Do not think I will ever go back to watch. As a matter of fact, I just ordered my Moto 360 today.
    10-15-2014 08:47 PM
    Maybe my Sony Z2 but thinking about waiting for the first 64 bit Nexus phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-15-2014 08:48 PM
    Seems like there are a lot of us that have left Android and returned back. I really think Android is taking the lead on the mobile market now. To a certain extent, I did not think that I would stay with Android after being stung with the S3. I loved the S3, just hated the battery life. It got to the point where notifications had to all be switched off to make it through 8 hours.

For me, the Edge was a lower risk and I know that some will disagree and that is fine. Also, the Note 3 was the first phone that I actually considered keeping past the 12 month mark. I find myself using my tablet much less now, that I have the larger screen in my Note 3. Btw, I had an Ipad 2 and gave that to my dad and bought a Galaxy Tab S. That tablet display is incredible. I probably would have stayed with the Samsung product line if it hadn't been a desire to shop around and try other devices. If the Nexus doesn't work out for me, I can always go back to the Note line with the Note 4.

Another cool thing too, is the wearable market. I am a watch kind of person before the Note 3. I got the Galaxy Gear on a promo with the Note 3 when I bought it. Never wore another watch after that. Do not think I will ever go back to watch. As a matter of fact, I just ordered my Moto 360 today.
    I'm inclined to preorder the nexus 6 on the 29th, then when it arrives advertise my iPhone and iPad hoping I can make back the money spent. Does this sound crazy or reasonable?

10-15-2014 08:52 PM
    I'm inclined to preorder the nexus 6 on the 29th, then when it arrives advertise my iPhone and iPad hoping I can make back the money spent. Does this sound crazy or reasonable?

Which carrier do you have?

From what I have heard, the Nexus 6 will go on preorder Friday and be available in stores on November 3.

How much you can get for the Ipad will determine what Apple announces tomorrow.

For me, I sold the IPhone 5 after having both around for a month to make sure I wanted to keep the phone. It might pay for you to go on a contract like Verizon Edge as that would give you a monthly payment and possibly a discount on your line.
    10-15-2014 08:59 PM
182 123 ...