Google Nexus 6 Messaging on Nexus Device

joe_m_p

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm planning on picking up the Nexus 6 and was wondering what the stock messaging apps that came with the Nexus 5 were. I have the S5 and let me tell you, Samsung Messages is just terrible. I would love to use Hangouts but hate not having pop up notifications without the use of a separate app. Thanks in advance.

Posted via my SM-G900V

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Messaging on Nexus Device

Nexus 5 just came with Hangouts. Nexus 6 will come with Hangouts and Google "Messenger" -

http://phandroid.com/2014/10/20/che...y-music-and-more-leaked-android-5-0-lollipop/

Hangouts for SMS/MMS has GROWN on me! I initially hated it when i got my Nexus 5 on launch day but now i like it! I just tried Messenger but prefer Hangouts. I like the Hangouts UI and Icon so much better. Hangouts looks more professional and complete IMO.

KennyMB

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I use Go SMS. I love pop up notifications and it has so many customization options. Try it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I will add one more. I use Textra and love it. I am sure that any of these will do. The fun part is trying them all out and finding out which one you like best!!!!

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I use hangouts. I don't mind that there is no pop up window notification, actually like it.

Posted via Android Central App

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I use Google Voice and don't have a text plan, so I don't think I have any choice other than Hangouts. But I love being able to send sms from my pc instead of the phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12