Google Nexus 6 Laminated display?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If I could ask for one thing to improve on my 2014 Moto X it is the non-laminated display. It looks like there is a friggin haze under the screen when I'm not in a completely dark room. Any information on whether this was fixed in the Nexus 6? The Verge just wrote a pretty demolishing review of the Nexus 9, with a big issue being the non-lamination of the display. This, and the fact that it has similarities with the Moto X makes me think that Google has not recognized the importance of display lamination and the Nexus 6 doesn't have it either.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Laminated display?

If I could ask for one thing to improve on my 2014 Moto X it is the non-laminated display. It looks like there is a friggin haze under the screen when I'm not in a completely dark room. Any information on whether this was fixed in the Nexus 6? The Verge just wrote a pretty demolishing review of the Nexus 9, with a big issue being the non-lamination of the display. This, and the fact that it has similarities with the Moto X makes me think that Google has not recognized the importance of display lamination and the Nexus 6 doesn't have it either.

You last me at "the Verge"

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Android Police went in on the tablet too, although they liked the display. Hopefully this is not the case with the Nexus 6

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I don't understand what this mean, if there is a comparison between laminated display and non laminated maybe I can get a better idea. I don't see any issue with the Moto X display, and Android Police review on the N9 display was very positive.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Not to mention you are talking about two completely different MFG's as well... HTC vs Motorola.....

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Not if your moto x isn,t as they are based pff same phone

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I don't understand what this mean, if there is a comparison between laminated display and non laminated maybe I can get a better idea. I don't see any issue with the Moto X display, and Android Police review on the N9 display was very positive.
Just look at an iPad air 1 and an iPad air 2 in stores and you can see the difference

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Being based off another phone doesn't mean it doesn't have enhancements... E.g, X didn't have OIS, Nexus 6 does. Motorola has used laminated displays in their android smartphones before, so it's premature to rule out the possibility that Google might have coordinated with them to use same in the Nexus 6.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Being based off another phone doesn't mean it doesn't have enhancements... E.g, X didn't have OIS, Nexus 6 does. Motorola has used laminated displays in their android smartphones before, so it's premature to rule out the possibility that Google might have coordinated with them to use same in the Nexus 6.

Good point :)

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm so tired of people saying this. They absolutely are not. The processors are different, the amount of RAM is different, the screen size is different, the screen resolution is different, the cameras are different. There are almost 0 similarities that are not superficial. They look similar and have similar camera flashes. That is it. Now, the Moto Maxx and Droid Turbo, those are much more similar to the Nexus 6.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm so tired of people saying this. They absolutely are not. The processors are different, the amount of RAM is different, the screen size is different, the screen resolution is different, the cameras are different. There are almost 0 similarities that are not superficial. They look similar and have similar camera flashes. That is it. Now, the Moto Maxx and Droid Turbo, those are much more similar to the Nexus 6.
You take stuff way to literally..... Its based off the same design ....same general build but better and bigger

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You take stuff way to literally..... Its based off the same design ....same general build but better and bigger

This thread is talking about components of the device and people were making the argument that because this phone is based on the Moto X, if the Moto X display is not laminated, neither will the Nexus 6. I was arguing against that exact point. Obviously it is based on the same design and similar build quality. That isn't the argument that was being made though. The argument was about the specific components.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 4 and 5 had laminated displays, so I wouldn't say Google doesn't care. That may have been LG's decision though. Who knows.

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Just look at an iPad air 1 and an iPad air 2 in stores and you can see the difference

So The Verge was going HAM on the Nexus 9's display because of a new feature of the iPad Air 2's display when there wasn't an issue with the iPad Air's display previously?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

So The Verge was going HAM on the Nexus 9's display because of a new feature of the iPad Air 2's display when there wasn't an issue with the iPad Air's display previously?

The verge isn't exactly kind to anything Android

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??