11-08-2014 09:41 AM
33 12
tools
    If I could ask for one thing to improve on my 2014 Moto X it is the non-laminated display. It looks like there is a friggin haze under the screen when I'm not in a completely dark room. Any information on whether this was fixed in the Nexus 6? The Verge just wrote a pretty demolishing review of the Nexus 9, with a big issue being the non-lamination of the display. This, and the fact that it has similarities with the Moto X makes me think that Google has not recognized the importance of display lamination and the Nexus 6 doesn't have it either.
    11-03-2014 01:43 PM
    If I could ask for one thing to improve on my 2014 Moto X it is the non-laminated display. It looks like there is a friggin haze under the screen when I'm not in a completely dark room. Any information on whether this was fixed in the Nexus 6? The Verge just wrote a pretty demolishing review of the Nexus 9, with a big issue being the non-lamination of the display. This, and the fact that it has similarities with the Moto X makes me think that Google has not recognized the importance of display lamination and the Nexus 6 doesn't have it either.
    You last me at "the Verge"

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    11-03-2014 01:57 PM
    Android Police went in on the tablet too, although they liked the display. Hopefully this is not the case with the Nexus 6
    11-03-2014 02:04 PM
    I don't understand what this mean, if there is a comparison between laminated display and non laminated maybe I can get a better idea. I don't see any issue with the Moto X display, and Android Police review on the N9 display was very positive.
    11-03-2014 02:19 PM
    Not to mention you are talking about two completely different MFG's as well... HTC vs Motorola.....
    Uncle Louie likes this.
    11-03-2014 02:29 PM
    Does anybody know if its laminated?
    11-04-2014 02:58 AM
    Not if your moto x isn,t as they are based pff same phone
    11-04-2014 03:56 AM
    You last me at "the Verge"

Posted from my Droid Turbo, Kelly and Ozone
    Eh the verge gave a good review on the note 4 surprisingly good as well.
    11-04-2014 07:00 AM
    I don't understand what this mean, if there is a comparison between laminated display and non laminated maybe I can get a better idea. I don't see any issue with the Moto X display, and Android Police review on the N9 display was very positive.
    Just look at an iPad air 1 and an iPad air 2 in stores and you can see the difference
    11-04-2014 07:01 AM
    Being based off another phone doesn't mean it doesn't have enhancements... E.g, X didn't have OIS, Nexus 6 does. Motorola has used laminated displays in their android smartphones before, so it's premature to rule out the possibility that Google might have coordinated with them to use same in the Nexus 6.
    11-04-2014 09:20 AM
    Being based off another phone doesn't mean it doesn't have enhancements... E.g, X didn't have OIS, Nexus 6 does. Motorola has used laminated displays in their android smartphones before, so it's premature to rule out the possibility that Google might have coordinated with them to use same in the Nexus 6.
    Good point
    11-04-2014 09:29 AM
    Does the turbo have a laminated screen?
    11-04-2014 11:12 AM
    Interesting. There has to be a way to figure out, no?
    11-04-2014 06:31 PM
    Interesting. There has to be a way to figure out, no?
    We should know with certainty on the 12th.
    11-04-2014 06:40 PM
    I'm so tired of people saying this. They absolutely are not. The processors are different, the amount of RAM is different, the screen size is different, the screen resolution is different, the cameras are different. There are almost 0 similarities that are not superficial. They look similar and have similar camera flashes. That is it. Now, the Moto Maxx and Droid Turbo, those are much more similar to the Nexus 6.
    11-05-2014 05:04 PM
    I'm so tired of people saying this. They absolutely are not. The processors are different, the amount of RAM is different, the screen size is different, the screen resolution is different, the cameras are different. There are almost 0 similarities that are not superficial. They look similar and have similar camera flashes. That is it. Now, the Moto Maxx and Droid Turbo, those are much more similar to the Nexus 6.
    You take stuff way to literally..... Its based off the same design ....same general build but better and bigger
    11-06-2014 07:42 AM
    You take stuff way to literally..... Its based off the same design ....same general build but better and bigger
    This thread is talking about components of the device and people were making the argument that because this phone is based on the Moto X, if the Moto X display is not laminated, neither will the Nexus 6. I was arguing against that exact point. Obviously it is based on the same design and similar build quality. That isn't the argument that was being made though. The argument was about the specific components.
    brosko likes this.
    11-06-2014 02:28 PM
    The Nexus 4 and 5 had laminated displays, so I wouldn't say Google doesn't care. That may have been LG's decision though. Who knows.
    11-07-2014 12:45 PM
    Just look at an iPad air 1 and an iPad air 2 in stores and you can see the difference
    So The Verge was going HAM on the Nexus 9's display because of a new feature of the iPad Air 2's display when there wasn't an issue with the iPad Air's display previously?
    Kaido likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:54 PM
    So The Verge was going HAM on the Nexus 9's display because of a new feature of the iPad Air 2's display when there wasn't an issue with the iPad Air's display previously?
    The verge isn't exactly kind to anything Android

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??
    11-07-2014 01:10 PM
    The verge isn't exactly kind to anything Android

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??
    They were with the note 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-07-2014 01:50 PM
    Umm. You can clearly see the iPad Air 2 screen is much better then the air 1 ..... The laminated screen in the air 2 is superior.

11-07-2014 01:51 PM
    Umm. You can clearly see the iPad Air 2 screen is much better then the air 1 ..... The laminated screen in the air 2 is superior.

I don't think you understood my post like you thought you did.
    11-07-2014 01:52 PM
    I don't think you understood my post like you thought you did.
    Then you didn't understand my post ? I'm talking about he iPad Air and air 2 IDC about the nexus 9 and thus never cared to read a review on it .....

11-07-2014 01:53 PM
    The Verge thinks whatever Apple introduces becomes the standard. Laminated displays didn't matter until Apple did it. OIS didn't matter until Apple did it. 1080p displays didn't matter until Apple did it.
    CarbonOak and BobDaNob like this.
    11-07-2014 08:48 PM
33 12