Do you think that the Nexus 6 Price will go down?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Everything eventually becomes cheaper over time..... The Nexus 5 is still retailing at Google play for the same price it sold for just over a year ago..

So unless the Nexus 6 just doesn't sell well and Google has inventory they can't move I highly doubt you will see a price reduction any time soon.... If you are looking for a cheaper Nexus 6 you'd probably be best to sign a new contract with AT&T, Verizon or Sprint (or do the zero % financing with T-Mobile over 24 months)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Depends... You seem like an early adopter so I don't know if you could deal with a year old phone.....
It's a general question. I'm actually happily using my Moto X 2013 for the last week. I somewhat regret the camera of the Moto X 2014 a bit, and I want to wait a little this time before jumping on the N6 or Moto Maxx 2014, I might skip on both of them if the camera aren't much better, which seems to be the case.

I'm more excited about the software improvement in Android L than hardware in general.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's a general question. I'm actually happily using my Moto X 2013 for the last week. I somewhat regret the camera of the Moto X 2014 a bit, and I want to wait a little this time before jumping on the N6 or Moto Maxx 2014, I might skip on both of them if the camera aren't much better, which seems to be the case.

I'm more excited about the software improvement in Android L than hardware in general.

Sorry I was just playing.... :p should have put a smiley face in there..

I am just ready to move up from my Nexus 5.. I look forward to the Nexus 6 release to the wild... Lollipop will be interesting to jump head first into it.. I have read a few post on other forums that claim it's crashing on the Nexus 9 and there were rumors it wasn't yet ready for prime time back in October so we shall see.....

I couldn't wait for them to discount it down... I am an early adopter and I'll live with the price and growing pains....

waterday20

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I am waiting for the Nexus 6 to come out for Verizon so that I can sign my soul away for them for the next 2 years. If people are interested on Lollipop , what are your thoughts about the Droid Turbo, it is supposed to get Lollipop soon, plus we get the subsidized price.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I was just playing.... :p should have put a smiley face in there..

I am just ready to move up from my Nexus 5.. I look forward to the Nexus 6 release to the wild... Lollipop will be interesting to jump head first into it.. I have read a few post on other forums that claim it's crashing on the Nexus 9 and there were rumors it wasn't yet ready for prime time back in October so we shall see.....

I couldn't wait for them to discount it down... I am an early adopter and I'll live with the price and growing pains....
I've already been using the preview version on my Nexus 7 and it run almost perfectly.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So unless the Nexus 6 just doesn't sell well and Google has inventory they can't move I highly doubt you will see a price reduction any time soon....

I was wondering if there would be a significant number of people who would hold off on buying the Nexus 6. A lot of people seemed to be upset that this year's pricing is not similar to what Google did with the Nexus 5 last year.

Any price drop would then depend on how long Google and the carriers are willing to sit on unsold stocks. Some carriers may elect to stop selling the Nexus 6 to make room for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC M9. If there's excess supply, Google may decide to hold a sale.

It's too early to tell, though. It appeared that the Nexus 6 sold out quickly on launch day, but that may be a result of inadequate product supply or server issues. Maybe once the carriers spring into action, we'll see healthy sales of the Nexus 6. At that point, there won't be an incentive for Google to lower the price.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if there would be a significant number of people who would hold off on buying the Nexus 6. A lot of people seemed to be upset that this year's pricing is not similar to what Google did with the Nexus 5 last year.

Any price drop would then depend on how long Google and the carriers are willing to sit on unsold stocks. Some carriers may elect to stop selling the Nexus 6 to make room for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and HTC M9. If there's excess supply, Google may decide to hold a sale.

It's too early to tell, though. It appeared that the Nexus 6 sold out quickly on launch day, but that may be a result of inadequate product supply or server issues. Maybe once the carriers spring into action, we'll see healthy sales of the Nexus 6. At that point, there won't be an incentive for Google to lower the price.

yeah hard to say... It does appear that Google is going more the route of a higher end premium device and pointing the majority of consumers to a carrier and get you one for $199 on contract.... (the rumored on contract price) which would make it cheaper than a Note 4 on contract with most places and on par with the typical flagship on contract pricing....

I am sure the carriers could run some specials on that on contract pricing.. $99 or even free with two year agreement.... Most consumers can come up with $200 down and then pay an extra $30 - 40 a month on their bill vs going full price device and a prepaid discount service......

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

A number of value-conscious consumers who have purchased the Nexus 4 and 5 in the past will likely pass because it, while being a great phone, is no longer far and away the best bang for the buck. But... a number of performance-conscious consumers who have passed on the Nexus 4 and 5 in the past will likely purchase the Nexus 6, because it, while no longer a crazy-good value, is a true hardware competitor with any handset competing in its segment.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
around the holidays I am sure they will have specials on contract. Off contract, most likely, at least not for awhile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol