I have the new 2014 Moto X and I love the phone. But, as usual with me, the Nexus 6 is begging me to buy it.
    The reason I love the moto x so much is the hands free part. When I am driving, it tells me Who sent me a text and offers to read it out loud for me.
    and I can reply as well.
    I know the Ok, Google hands free with be standard with Android 5.0 But, will it read incoming text like the moto x? or is it simply just listening incase I need it to do something?

Anyone know for Sure how this feature works on the Nexus 6?
    May be the deciding factor to just keep the Moto x if it doesn't read incoming messages out loud.

Thanks !!
    11-05-2014 11:52 PM
    I haven't heard one way or the other, but my guess is probably not. That's a Motorola software thing, so unless Google baked it into Lollipop it probably won't be there.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-06-2014 07:24 AM
    The "Moto Assist" app/features are not on the Nexus 6. That is a Moto "only" phone thing. I know there's 3rd party apps to mimic "Moto Assist" driving/hands free things, but yea, I too wish this came standard on the Nexus 6 phone.

I've been thinking on that alone to pick up the Moto X and not the Nexus 6....Hmmmm!
    11-06-2014 09:30 AM
    The "Moto Assist" app/features are not on the Nexus 6. That is a Moto "only" phone thing. I know there's 3rd party apps to mimic "Moto Assist" driving/hands free things, but yea, I too wish this came standard on the Nexus 6 phone.

I've been thinking on that alone to pick up the Moto X and not the Nexus 6....Hmmmm!
    Yep, there's a flood of them on the Play store, probably at least one in there that would get the fundamentals right.
    11-06-2014 10:02 AM
    Moto Assist is an app that will be available and fully functional on ALL Moto phones. You can download it and your Nexus will supposedly perform just like your Moto X. This is a HUGE deal to me also as I've got the 2013 Moto X and LOVE the hands free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtrules2&hl=en
    nickacs and AnnDroid like this.
    11-06-2014 10:43 AM
    Moto Assist is an app that will be available and fully functional on ALL Moto phones. You can download it and your Nexus will supposedly perform just like your Moto X. This is a HUGE deal to me also as I've got the 2013 Moto X and LOVE the hands free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtrules2&hl=en
    Interesting... It says (of course) that it's "incompatible with my device" since I'm using a Nexus 4. Will be looking to see what that says when I enter in my Nexus 6 phone! If it is compatible, that would be great
    mookiekillsit likes this.
    11-06-2014 01:18 PM
    Interesting... It says (of course) that it's "incompatible with my device" since I'm using a Nexus 4. Will be looking to see what that says when I enter in my Nexus 6 phone! If it is compatible, that would be great
    I agree. I was contemplating even getting this phone b/c Moto Assist is very important to me (I have a decent commute to work). It looks like it's a little bit more buggy than traditional assist but I'm sure they're going to get it ironed out. It just came out recently if I recall. I have text convos w/ my phone in my pocket on a regular basis. It's insane how great it works and w/ this device, it'll only make it more powerful.
    nickacs likes this.
    11-06-2014 02:55 PM