Who is a little scared to buy a n6?

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I have my case ordered. Was ready for preorder (failed) and then had the 12 set all over my phone for reminders. Now we have another delay. Anyone else thinking Google can't get something right on their first try at a big phone? My friend has a iphone 6+ and like I thought it doesn't give you a true iphone feel. To me they failed on it.

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I brought the iPhone into this just because. I'm a believer that. The first attempt for company's at something very different always fails. But I was at least willing to still give it a go. 2nd guessing bow

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No.... with your carrier you are going to get a 14 day return window or if you buy from Motorola or Google Play you'll have 30 days to return it if something isn't right.... If they have a mass problem with the device carriers and more than likely Google/Motorola will do some sort of exchange/return system to fix the problem......

anon(42522)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have my case ordered. Was ready for preorder (failed) and then had the 12 set all over my phone for reminders. Now we have another delay. Anyone else thinking Google can't get something right on their first try at a big phone? My friend has a iphone 6+ and like I thought it doesn't give you a true iphone feel. To me they failed on it.

I think its just contracts between T-m, at t and sprint. google offered it up to them and they took there time with reply's, verizon is under a 90 day with the droid so dont see them till later but moto said the phone will work on all.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and love it. I think they nailed it.

I also have a Nexus 6 on order from the Play store and I think I will love it and I think they nailed it. The issues are related to production IMO.

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there has ever been a smooth Nexus launch. Outside of that, Google never gave a concrete launch date, T-Mobile simply claimed they would have it on the 12th while nobody else was saying a thing. If anything, I would be more mad at T-Mobile for claiming something before they knew it would be delivered upon.

For example, nobody that preordered from the Play Store got a shipping date earlier than the 19th, with most having ship dates of the 21st, 26th, or early December. Yet T-Mobile was going to be ready to go on the 12th?

I think this was a terrible roll out, but it definitely hasn't put me off getting the phone.

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I mean I have seen a full preview of the n6. Well he didn't say anything about bat life but. It looked very very nice and smooth. Just seems off with the small preorders and delays.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Not scared at all because if it sucks, I'll get my money back. Buying the thing is the scary part because it's almost impossible. Hopefully this whole page monitoring thing works but now that everyone is doing it who knows. I'm hoping enough people bought the att models so I can get my play store model.

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and love it. I think they nailed it.

I also have a Nexus 6 on order from the Play store and I think I will love it and I think they nailed it. The issues are related to production IMO.

I'm not saying the i6+ is bad. It just didn't give me that iphone smooth feeling. I live with the guy so I have used his more then once. Maybe he just never closes stuff?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
No.... with your carrier you are going to get a 14 day return window or if you buy from Motorola or Google Play you'll have 30 days to return it if something isn't right.... If they have a mass problem with the device carriers and more than likely Google/Motorola will do some sort of exchange/return system to fix the problem......

Google is 15 days but when I went to double check on their site I saw until 1/9/2015???? Someone may want to get clarification from google on that.

Google wants you to love the devices and accessories that you buy from the Google Play store. If you aren’t happy with something you bought, you can return an item within 15 calendar days after the day you received it. We’ll send a full refund (minus your original shipping & handling charges) to your Google Wallet account within 14 business days after Google receives the device.

Tip: All purchases from November 10, 2014 - December 25, 2014 may be be returned through January 9, 2015.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Google is 15 days but when I went to double check on their site I saw until 1/9/2015???? Someone may want to get clarification from google on that.

That type of extended window isn't entirely uncommon - they are showing understanding for the fact that people advance-purchase items for the holidays, and are extending that window a bit. I'm surprised they don't have a exclusion along the lines of *devices purchased between November 10, 2014 and December 25, 2014 and registered with an account or on a wireless network will be subject to a return period of 15 calendar days from that point of registration, or January 9, 2015, whichever comes first.

DeathWolf00

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't blame google at all on this; I see it as a supply problem on Motorola's front. They rolled out the Droid turbo smoothly but to provide 5 carriers and 2 websites with devices they struggled. T-mobile's shipment was delayed. It's like this, ~10,000 stores need display models, then say they need ~40,000 models for launch day at those stores, then review models to promote their product while in tandem producing the Droid turbo which only needs ~1,500 display models and has barely any demand because it's verizon lock.
I wouldn't pin this on google, I would blame the supply chain which is motorola's department. Google designed the phone/software but Motorola is charged with production of the phone and releasing it for every carrier. I haven't even thought of motorola devices since the Razr being on sprint with a iPhone and Samsung Galaxy, but now there is huge demand by people who never wanted/heard of the Nexus before the 6.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't pin this on google, I would blame the supply chain which is motorola's department. Google designed the phone/software but Motorola is charged with production of the phone and releasing it for every carrier.

Motorola probably bit off way more than they could chew.... Moto X, Moto G, Droid Turbo, Nexus 6, Droid MAXX.... feel like I am forgetting something... and all of these have been released in the last couple of months..... a bunch of phones across a bunch of countries and carriers.....

No real excuse.... outside maybe the demand for all their devices put a ton of strain on their capacity to produce... The Nexus 6 kind of being the last of these to get released (It just passed FCC on October 24.... Can't imagine they started major production until it passed everything) Probably a good problem to have... Tons of demand across a ton of devices in a ton of markets..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I am waiting to see one in store and play with it. Size will determine it. Wish they would have went with a 5.5" design, think 6" will be too large for what I want. I like fabulist, but google went above and beyond many other phablets out there, with really nothing extra to take advantage of the larger screen in the OS. Sort of like what apple did with the 6+

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm nervous after the reading reviews today, but I wen through with it anyway. I'm worried the battery won't cut it.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've gone thru past Nexus releases and this is exactly the same. Will wait and see if software updates improve the experience. The good thing is the phone is impossible to buy so I don't have to think about buying right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC