Ordered N6, Coming from Windows

rayiin

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I ordered an N6 and it has been a long time since I have used Android. I've been a big windows phone kinda guy lol but it was time to try something new.

Any tips or cautions I should watch out for when using this new phone? Perhaps apps I need to get?

Thanks,

K-

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I ordered an N6 and it has been a long time since I have used Android. I've been a big windows phone kinda guy lol but it was time to try something new.

Any tips or cautions I should watch out for when using this new phone? Perhaps apps I need to get?

Thanks,

K-

Right off the bat you'll be set with a LOT of apps by Google: Google Play Music, Books, Games, News Stand, etc., Google Docs suite (my personal favourite), 15 GB Drive Storage default with a Gmail account (so you won't be missing your cloud storage too much), and Google Play Opinion Rewards (one of my newer favourites... Lets you take surveys if they deem you qualified, and you receive credit for the Store!).

Hangouts performs similarly to iMessage on Apple devices, which is pretty neat as well.

Which Windows phone are you switching from?
By the way, I'm switching from a Galaxy S4.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Lumia 920. I love the phone but Microsoft doesn't have a new flagship so time to move on... Lol

The Lumia 920 was awesome! I considered it myself! But you're absolutely right. Microsoft has so much going on right now, they can't seem to keep up on the mobile phone field. It's disappointing...

Nonetheless, welcome back to Android! There have been major improvements across the board with the OS, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Gsam battery monitor is a good one since Android still doesn't show battery percentage in the top notification area. Chronus is a weather and info widget is nice. Beautiful widget is another one. I don't know how long you've been away from Android but, you may like the new Playstore and Google music. I haven't tried Newsstand but Play movies and books are nice.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Gsam battery monitor is a good one since Android still doesn't show battery percentage in the top notification area. Chronus is a weather and info widget is nice. Beautiful widget is another one. I don't know how long you've been away from Android but, you may like the new Playstore and Google music. I haven't tried Newsstand but Play movies and books are nice.

I didn't even THINK about widgets!! :D
I use HD Widgets as it had some nice toggle switches available for Data and such. Not to mention I threw it onto my Nexi7's as well!

Of course... You'll want the Android Central app as well :p