how important of a feature is wireless charging to you?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It is. All smart phones today should have wireless charging. It should be as standard as WiFi IMO.
But like with everything else, the carriers wanted to make their own standard of wireless charging, hence why all phones do not have this feature.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's the deciding factor right now for me, Nexus 6 or Xperia Z3. If Xperia had it, it would be my new phone

What might be interesting is if you fast forward to about the 11 minute mark he couldn't get wireless charging to kick in on the Nexus 6.. He was trying to use the Nexus 5 QI wireless charging and makes a comment about maybe he needs a new/different charger... That could be a mild concern and does make me slightly nervous....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoAPTdvgAJg

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
What might be interesting is if you fast forward to about the 11 minute mark he couldn't get wireless charging to kick in on the Nexus 6.. He was trying to use the Nexus 5 QI wireless charging and makes a comment about maybe he needs a new/different charger... That could be a mild concern and does make me slightly nervous....

I just chatted with Google and they said "the Nexus 6 is not compatible at this time with the Nexus charger". So I called and they told me it is *supposed* to work. They are going to research this and email me. Guess I'll stick with my Nexus 5 until this is resolved. :eek:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted with Google and they said "the Nexus 6 is not compatible at this time with the Nexus charger". So I called and they told me it is *supposed* to work. They are going to research this and email me. Guess I'll stick with my Nexus 5 until this is resolved. :eek:

I'll see how it works with my TYTL chargers I guess!

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Really going to suck if TYTL doesn't work and this sucker requires a proprietary wireless charger...

Yeah... that would be bad. The N6 should work with any Qi charger -- they blew it if it doesn't. I wonder if the curved back could have anything to do with it?

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... that would be bad. The N6 should work with any Qi charger -- they blew it if it doesn't. I wonder if the curved back could have anything to do with it?

I would be really pissed off if that's the case and I might even return it. One of the top reasons I ordered N6 is because it has wireless charging. My other phones and tablets and even the watch (moto 360) are wireless and I refuse to go back

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I would be really pissed off if that's the case and I might even return it. One of the top reasons I ordered N6 is because it has wireless charging. My other phones and tablets and even the watch (moto 360) are wireless and I refuse to go back

The Google Nexus 6 spec page says clearly 'Qi wireless charging', so I have no doubt it doesn't work, but as the video review shows, maybe it will be a proprietary charger needed?? Just a thought....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech