How is the white back in regards to fingerprints?

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a few reviews rip the blue one for being basically a grease trap on the back.. really would like to know if the white has the same issue or if it's not nearly as noticeable. I have a preordered blue coming from ATT next week even though I kinda wanted the white in the first place I was willing to live with the blue in order to not have to wait another month.. but I won't live with something I constantly have to wipe off as that's pretty much my biggest pet peeve with phones.

TLDR.. Anyone got a white nexus 6 yet? How is the back in regards to finger prints?

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does anybody have a white one yet? Have a question...

If you don't want a grease trap, get the white. I ordered the white because every preview that showed the blue looked like the guy just had a NY slice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Both suffer from the same problem... Just put a case on it and you should be fine.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

Both suffer from the same problem... Just put a case on it and you should be fine.

Exactly..Doesn't matter if you dump your Mickey's fries on the back, just put a case on and all will be good.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

The issue with putting a case on it and people will probably struggle with this more than any other phone, is that it will make a gargantuan phone even bigger.

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Blue will show grease and the white will likely become discolored over time like the white Moto X. This is an assumption, of course, but probably a good one given Motorola made both. So, there are likely issues with both.

Doesn't matter what color if you intend to case it though since the front of both is black.

HTC One M8
iPad Air

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I love how the answer to a [language] material is "put a case on it". I don't want to cover up my seven hundred dollar phone with an ugly $10 case. I actually take care of my stuff. I haven't seen anyone complain about fingerprints on the cloud white yet and from past experience white soft touch might hold just as much grease but it won't show as much.

[Removed by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I love how the answer to a [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] material is "put a case on it". I don't want to cover up my seven hundred dollar phone with an ugly $10 case. I actually take care of my stuff. I haven't seen anyone complain about fingerprints on the cloud white yet and from past experience white soft touch might hold just as much grease but it won't show as much.

[Removed by Moderator]

I've seen various reviews with the white nexus 6 and I easily saw fingerprints on them without having to look for them. Through out the years I've learned that if I want to keep a phone looking like it came right out of the box then the best thing to do is put a "$10 [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] case" on it and a screen protector. I don't care how well you take care of your phone or how much you baby it. If you don't put a case on it or some type of protection then I guarantee you it will suffer from some type of wear and tear.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've seen various reviews with the white nexus 6 and I easily saw fingerprints on them without having to look for them. Through out the years I've learned that if I want to keep a phone looking like it came right out of the box then the best thing to do is put a "$10 [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] case" on it and a screen protector. I don't care how well you take care of your phone or how much you baby it. If you don't put a case on it or some type of protection then I guarantee you it will suffer from some type of wear and tear.

As someone who's sold 18 devices on swappa (all mint condition) with perfect feedback and another 10 or so on Craigslist then I'm going to have to say no.. You are wrong. If you take care of your device it won't suffer wear and tear..usually. I also have never used a screen protector and rarely use a case. I guess my definition of babying a phone is different from yours.

Anyway back on topic.. I don't think "slap a case on it" should be an acceptable response to poor design decision but then again I left Verizon for no reason other than hating their logo being plastered all over an otherwise beautiful device. As for the white back. I'm sure it does still trap grease but in past experience its harder to see it in normal light on white materials.

DeathWolf00

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I love how the answer to a [language] material is "put a case on it". I don't want to cover up my seven hundred dollar phone with an ugly $10 case. I actually take care of my stuff. I haven't seen anyone complain about fingerprints on the cloud white yet and from past experience white soft touch might hold just as much grease but it won't show as much.

[Removed by Moderator]

That $35 case on the play store looks pretty sweet!
Cause all things in this world are valued as more money = higher quality if we're putting prices on things :).

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That $35 case on the play store looks pretty sweet!
Cause all things in this world are valued as more money = higher quality if we're putting prices on things :).

Pretty sure nobody in here said that but ok. I actually bought the $16 Spigen case and it seems pretty nice.. I also rarely pay more than $10 for a case when I do happen to buy a case. I just rarely actually use them. I'll buy a $5 tpu case and throw it in my gym bag just so I don't have to worry about nicking my phone when I set it on equipment.
My comment was merely stating that I don't think having to throw a case on the phone to cover it is an acceptable solution to them using bad materials or bad design choices. I don't like using screen protectors and I don't care for cases. I use cases when I need to in order to keep my phone in mint condition (mainly for the eventual resale). Some people like keeping a case on their phone for the life of it.. and some need to because they're unlucky and rough on phones.. that's fine but it's not me. The simple fact is I responded like I did because "put a case on it" is not an answer to the question I asked.

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Buy a $13 vinyl back cover (Dbrand is a reputable company) to improve grip and reduce fingerprints.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

MattPark102

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend a dbrand skin they are very customizable and still keeps that sleek form factor. Especially if you don't like the midnight blue the skin covers all areas including the front.