Why are some carriers not stocking the 64GB Nexus 6?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Nobody is selling the 64gb in store. T-Mobile is only selling it online. From my experience with t-mobile I would never suggest buying it online

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Because the android market is flooded with low cost mid level phones that make up the vast majority of the market share they possess. Which translates into people not wanting to spend more money and the high school and junior college employees don't have the sales skills to present a rationale for spending $50 more for double the storage. Even the iPhone 16gb was the biggest seller due to cost. I'm not sure how many carriers had the 128gb in stock. My guess is you went to apple. It boils down to stocking an inventory they know for a fact the can move. The nexus isn't likely to move all that well due to the size.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Because the android market is flooded with low cost mid level phones that make up the vast majority of the market share they possess. Which translates into people not wanting to spend more money and the high school and junior college employees don't have the sales skills to present a rationale for spending $50 more for double the storage. Even the iPhone 16gb was the biggest seller due to cost. I'm not sure how many carriers had the 128gb in stock. My guess is you went to apple. It boils down to stocking an inventory they know for a fact the can move. The nexus isn't likely to move all that well due to the size.
T-mobile had the 128gb in Stock the fastest for the iPhone 6 plus. I think the 64 is doing well

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nobody is selling the 64gb in store. T-Mobile is only selling it online. From my experience with t-mobile I would never suggest buying it online

Why? What was the experience like? The manager from my local store said he can order one for me.

Bren S.

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Hmm I must be blind because I don't see the 64gb on tmobiles site?
I don't see the 128gb iPhone 6 plus being readily avail to ship either though?

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Only had good experiences with tmobile online.

Might be faster than trying to get one from moto or the play store

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm with T-Mobile right now and they never stock the larger storage space version of phones in stores. If it is a super popular phone they may do it for the first week or two, but even that seems rare. Like with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus - my local stores only stock the 16GB and you have to order online to get larger.

It's stupid if you ask me. I bought a 6 Plus to test it out, and since I'm a fan of both Android and iOS I probably would have just kept it but they only had the 16GB and it's just not enough space for me to be comfortable with long term. Then there is the boredom factor that tends to settle in after a few months on iOS no matter how much I enjoy using it, but that's for another topic.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Why? What was the experience like? The manager from my local store said he can order one for me.
You can read my issues with t-mobile and the reasons why I left them in the t-mobile thread. But for a nut shell I had a defective note 4 and had to ship it to them and not in a store. Had to pay shipping out of pocket but they credited my account... I still have both phones on my EIP section if billing which I returned both and trying to get them to move them both off

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Sprint told me (believe if you want) that no carriers were getting anything but the 32gb midnight blue version.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38