11-20-2014 12:19 PM
26 12
tools
    What do you guys know about it? For the price it seems like a great top line phone. It seems I may never get a N6 since they are out of stock. This kind of reminds me of the nexus? What do you all think about this phone?
    https://oneplus.net/onehttp://
    11-17-2014 05:15 PM
    you'd probably be better off to post in the one plus one thread. Might get more response.
    11-17-2014 05:23 PM
    Good phone. Better battery life and probably camera than N6
    11-17-2014 05:29 PM
    Good phone. Better battery life and probably camera than N6
    LOL! And here we go!
    11-17-2014 05:43 PM
    Not a perfect device, but I really like it. It is a very smooth performer and when I factor in the $365 I paid for 64GB, I just smile.

Would still like to try out a nexus 6 depending on user reviews.

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    wnflyer and Mdbils484 like this.
    11-17-2014 05:43 PM
    What do you guys know about it? For the price it seems like a great top line phone. It seems I may never get a N6 since they are out of stock. This kind of reminds me of the nexus? What do you all think about this phone?
    Great priced phone! Top of the line hardware for 2013 but should still hold it's own for awhile longer! Small start up so you have no true guarantees that you'll get long term support software wise! They were a real pain to get early with the invite system!
    11-17-2014 05:49 PM
    you'd probably be better off to post in the one plus one thread. Might get more response.
    Wanted to get N6 people's thought, but will check out that thread too
    11-17-2014 05:52 PM
    It's a great phone. I have one, but am still ordering a Nexus 6.
    Robbie317 likes this.
    11-17-2014 06:03 PM
    Husband has one, seems like a good phone if you can actually get one.
    11-17-2014 07:42 PM
    My boyfriend has had one for 3 months now and has really enjoyed it. I asked if he wanted a nexus 6 and he has no interest ( I'm still interested of course!!)
    11-17-2014 08:21 PM
    It's a good phone and hard to beat for the money. I've been comparing mine to a lot of phones in the stores. The screen is on par with all of them. I put it next to the Note 4 and the only difference is, the Note 4's screen was slightly brighter, but next to my Iphone 6 plus, the OPO screen is brighter. Battery life is excellent and just about as good as my 6 plus.
    11-17-2014 08:39 PM
    Thanks all! Looking into it
    11-17-2014 08:47 PM
    I actually bought the OPO the day the N6 got delayed last week and I have to say I am not disappointed at all. I really wanted the N6 but got a chance and took it figuring I can't lose money if I don't like it.

The screen on the OPO is really good and I find it much better than my M8, the sand back on the 64gb is great, feels nice and is super grippy. Having the choice of on screen navigation buttons or capacitive is an excellent idea and I find I use the capacitive as I prefer the real estate on the screen.

Sound is loud, not as full as the M8 but still very decent.

Battery is damn good

And I'm enjoying the phones version of CM11s, I tried the CM12 Lollipop and the phone is super smooth with it just as it is on 4.4.

I held my OPO against a blue N6 and I can honestly say not only does the OPO look better ( personal opinion ) but Noway is there $300 difference between these phones.

My advice would be try the OPO 1st as its so much cheaper, if you don't like it sell and make your money back then get the N6

Posted via the Android Central App
    Mdbils484 likes this.
    11-17-2014 09:04 PM
    That is one thing good about the oneplus, it's holding it's value so if you don't like it, you can sell it and not really lose any dough
    11-17-2014 10:06 PM
    If the Nexus was priced, more like a Nexus and not a Samsung or Sony then it would be a tough call. But the N6 is no way near twice as good as the OPO. I wont even mention buying a carrier locked subsidized Nexus 6....sacrilege
    CoMoNexus likes this.
    11-18-2014 10:07 AM
    After months of getting psyched up for the Nexus 6, I just ordered OnePlus Ones for my wife and myself today. I can't justify the Nexus for 2x the money.

I'm excited to have CM again. I ran a CM rom on my Note 2 for a while, but it was kinda buggy. It was so nice, though.
    planoman likes this.
    11-18-2014 10:36 PM
    After dbdynsty25's comparison of the Nexus 6 to the Moto X 2014 and he also has a OPO and it compares very favorably! I am liking my OPO more and more knowing it does not give up anything to the nexus 6...at half the price!

I was itching to get the Nexus 6 but the urge has subsided a bit and I can wait for a while while I enjoy my OPO and Nexus 5 with lollipop.
    11-18-2014 10:50 PM
    Fully satisfy while I hadthe phone but got bored with it and sold it today and will be using the money towards my Nexus six.

Ian B
    Robbie317 likes this.
    11-19-2014 12:44 AM
    If you are still intrigued I got a Oneplus invite this morning but the phone has to be purchased today... They only give you 24 hours to use the invite and I got the email at 4:45 in the morning (Ironically almost the exact same time my Nexus 6 showed up at the local FedEx sort facility here in Dallas) let me know.. Again you have to buy it today or some time before around 4 am tomorrow morning....
    11-19-2014 06:42 AM
    Great phone! If it had Qi and the extra chip for always listening, it would be perfect.

I'll get a 2nd if the need arises. Looking forward to seeing what CM does with 5.0

Posted via Serenity
    11-19-2014 11:06 AM

I held my OPO against a blue N6 and I can honestly say not only does the OPO look better ( personal opinion ) but Noway is there $300 difference between these phones.
    Another OPO user here (I'm getting the Nexus 6 as well). Just a bit of a FYI, OnePlus knows their company is not sustainable with pricing the phone at $300 and $350. They planned on not making any money off of their artificially low-priced phone so that they could build a following for the company. They didn't plan on being profitable until 2 years from now. Future phones will not be priced that low. Granted, I think their future phones will be lower than some of the high cost flagship phones, but they won't be the low prices like the OnePlus One.

Source: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/h...e-money.12343/
    11-19-2014 11:42 AM
    Another OPO user here (I'm getting the Nexus 6 as well). Just a bit of a FYI, OnePlus knows their company is not sustainable with pricing the phone at $300 and $350. They planned on not making any money off of their artificially low-priced phone so that they could build a following for the company. They didn't plan on being profitable until 2 years from now. Future phones will not be priced that low. Granted, I think their future phones will be lower than some of the high cost flagship phones, but they won't be the low prices like the OnePlus One.

Source: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/h...e-money.12343/
    Yup they are selling them at cost or just a hair over cost.... They need to be at about $500 - 550 each to be a long term viable company (If you figured each phone cost roughly $300 - 350 to build)........ It's not just the cost to build but the research and development cost that can eat you alive...

Their marketing plan isn't a bad one... Lose money for two years and sell devices on the super cheap.... Hopefully they take a slow spin on increasing their pricing.. like going to $399 - $449 next year and then get up around $500 in year 3..... If they make the leap like Google did from $349 to $649 the outrage will be crazy... except Google can afford to make a Billion dollar mistake..... actually they could make several billion dollar mistakes and still survive fairly comfortably...
    MarqBland likes this.
    11-19-2014 01:27 PM
    Yup they are selling them at cost or just a hair over cost.... They need to be at about $500 - 550 each to be a long term viable company (If you figured each phone cost roughly $300 - 350 to build)........ It's not just the cost to build but the research and development cost that can eat you alive...

Their marketing plan isn't a bad one... Lose money for two years and sell devices on the super cheap.... Hopefully they take a slow spin on increasing their pricing.. like going to $399 - $449 next year and then get up around $500 in year 3..... If they make the leap like Google did from $349 to $649 the outrage will be crazy... except Google can afford to make a Billion dollar mistake..... actually they could make several billion dollar mistakes and still survive fairly comfortably...
    It's an incredible plan if it works. The only way to combat the juggernauts is to attempt to do things in a very unconventional way. I'll definitely watch the company because if the first phone that was produced is this great, only better things can come in the future. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that ColorOS doesn't make its way across the pond.
    11-19-2014 02:27 PM
    It's an incredible plan if it works. The only way to combat the juggernauts is to attempt to do things in a very unconventional way. I'll definitely watch the company because if the first phone that was produced is this great, only better things can come in the future. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that ColorOS doesn't make its way across the pond.
    I was without a doubt highly intrigued... I would have easily given them $350+ and sat in line and waited for them to ship me one.... The invite system while understandable from their perspective was just a pain... By the time I could get my hands on an invite from someone else the G3 was out and the rumors on the Note 4 were out and then the Nexus 6 rumors started.... So I just decided to keep my money.... Amazing that I got my first direct invite this morning at 4:45 am..... Almost exactly 24 hours after I got a confirmation email from Motorola my Nexus 6 had shipped and roughly 3 hours later my Nexus 6 was out for delivery....

I use to be rooted on my EVO and Galaxy S3 and I used Cyanogenmod a lot or ROM's built off that so that added to the intrigue... Even this morning before giving my invite away to someone in the Oneplus forum on here I seriously still debated just buying it and worse case losing $50 to sell it later just to play around with..... Even Samsung is struggling to make a big profit with Android.. You have to stand out and right now it looks like Motorola is trying to take that market position and stand out the most.. Between the X, G, E and 6 they are starting to put out some hits...

Oneplus is standing out with near top of the line specs with rock bottom pricing... I don't think they can truly survive with those specs and the margin they will need to achieve and maintain going forward... but we will see... all they need to do is get a good foot hold in China and India and they could be players.. Volume is the way to profits in Android... iOS makes money on a small minority but premium pricing and margins.... (Apple actually likes this.. they have no desire to be the top most used OS out there regardless of their public boasting... and personally their way is the best position to be in.)
    11-19-2014 02:52 PM
    I forgot to mention the best part for me about the OPO, CyanogenMod 11s. I will eventually put Cyanogenmod on my Nexus 6 when it's ready (Android 5.0 adopted).
    11-19-2014 04:35 PM
26 12