Google Nexus 6 Who's fed up with the delays?

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who's fed up with this?

I can understand the frustration. I finally bought mine and now awaiting delivery.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

If I hadn't cracked the screen on my N5 the day 5.0 came out I would be a lot less irritated. But I did so yeah I'm a lil pissed.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

It's a phone. Far more important other **** to do then worry about why it hasn't arrived yet. And even so, it's not like you can do anything to speed up the process anyway.

Smartphones are serious business. If you're on Androidcentral posting on the forums, then you fall under that category.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I will wait a while before trying to get one. Remember the uproar over the larger speaker holes and different buttons on the Nexus 5 a few weeks after launch? ...I am learning patience!

Derrick Carson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Husbands phone came yesterday. He is having screen problems, looks red, flickers, right half of the scree isn't inline with the left. Contacted Google(where i bought it) and motorola (neither can find a fix) have to return it.

My phone came today. used it for about 40 minutes. Phone froze, half the screen went black, then it all went black. Now it won't turn on. Contacted Google(where i bought it) and motorola (neither can find a fix) have to return it.

No Bueno, 2 for 2. not a good sign. Never had a phone problem, always purchased Nexus phones.

Not happy.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

It's a phone. Far more important other **** to do then worry about why it hasn't arrived yet. And even so, it's not like you can do anything to speed up the process anyway.

I guess for some people, a phone is a life changing thing. There is nothing bigger in life than getting a new phone. Waiting for a phone is akin to being told you have cancer and are dying.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

I guess for some people, a phone is a life changing thing. There is nothing bigger in life than getting a new phone. Waiting for a phone is akin to being told you have cancer and are dying.

To be fair, I would imagine (or hope) that most folks here do not spend their entire day bemoaning the fact that they don't have the N6 yet. They probably go to work and attend to their other responsibilities through the day and rarely, if ever, speak of the N6. However, they come here, to a site dedicated to discussing the minutae of Android devices and feel safe to vent their frustration about this particular issue. Many are no doubt dealing with sick or disabled children, aging parents, their own economic or health issues, etc. I'm sure that most of them do not rank the lack of a N6 on the same level as these other issues. But the truth is, viewed through the narrow aspect of this site, we could all at various times be considered a bit extreme in our obsession with our phones and other devices.

Having said that, I am squarely on the side of patience and waiting to see how things work out. I rarely choose to be an earlier adopter of much of anything. I've noticed how these boards light up when a new release of Android is expected to roll out and the angst when they go a whole day without getting the update. Then the discussion quickly changes to what's wrong with the new release, with many stating that they want to uninstall it and warning others not to let it install. So I am trying to sit back, listen to the praise and criticism of the N6, wait for some issues to be resolved, and then, hopefully, get one of my own.

Jarvis73

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Hell I'm glad I got my note 4 I'll wait til 2015 to get the nexus hopefully by then the Kai is will be removed and maybe they'll have multi screen functions on it

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

snoopfacepalm.png

Ya not even close

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

As someone who has dealt with both, pardon me for saying you've lost your ****ing mind.

I enjoy the build-up, wait, speculate, oooo and ahhhh factor, inevitable missed release date drama that goes on during the pre-release phase of any new phone. It's not like waiting on pins and needles to find out if you and your loved ones are about to be given life altering news.

Hyperbole, I get it. But that's a really bad one to pick.

Be grateful you have first world problems like "should I get the N6 or the Note 4?" as your biggest worries of the day.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

My guess is realbanana is fed up w/ this.

I'll gladly wait for mine. Seems like they have some stuff to iron out first anyway. I'll take the second or third batch.

realbanana

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site

Ya a phone is life or death for me. I think if your on this site and expecaly on theses forums. You spend prob more time on a phone you should.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Its typical Google, they never have and never will learn how to launch Nexus or sell hardware.

People will always make excuses for Google like you can see, saying how its 'just a phone'. The fact is by any measure this launch is a complete fiasco. Sure it doesn't matter that much in the bigger scheme of things, but we aren't here to discuss life changing issues.

Genebaby

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Trying to switch to Android I'm appalled at international release apart from most complies with phones I've been interested in.

At least with Apple I can go to the store and pick up the colour and storage size I want on launch day.

I like Samsung hardware but hate Touchwiz, and we only get the smallest capacity here to buy.

I'm torn between getting two N5's for my wife and I or just waiting to see what next year brings.

I've been in the US since before launch day until just now and before I left I thought I'd have an N6 waiting for me at home. This was before we knew the price, which starts at$929 locally btw, so more pause for thought.

The 2014 Moto X just needed a bigger battery maybe and wireless charging, along with being able to buy the 64gb version, which we can't in Australia.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1