getting it at Sprint, then cancelling and going to VeRizon

rdalcanto

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I found a sprint that has one. I have to activate and get a plan in order to buy it. If I don't do a two year contract, I should be able to cancel without penalty (other than losing activation fee), pop a Verizon SIM, and be good to go right?

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You need to have an active Verizon SIM. They won't let you activate a new SIM with a phone that is not a "Verizon device". I have a Nexus 6 and I just took my SIM from my Moto X and it works fine.

rdalcanto

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I got home, took the SIM from Sprint out of the phone before ever turning it on. I took the larger micro sim from my Note 2 from Verizon and cut it down with some scissors to match the size of the Sprint nano sim. Activated the phone on Verizon after a quick call to technical support to get them to accept the MEID number of the phone since it doesn't show up in their system as one of their phones. Works great!

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I got home, took the SIM from Sprint out of the phone before ever turning it on. I took the larger micro sim from my Note 2 from Verizon and cut it down with some scissors to match the size of the Sprint nano sim. Activated the phone on Verizon after a quick call to technical support to get them to accept the MEID number of the phone since it doesn't show up in their system as one of their phones. Works great!

That's great! This confirmation the the sprint version is unlocked?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes