The battery life just isn't that great,but I love the phone.

I also own an iPhone 6plus and I can make it through the day with using YouTube and beats music here and there,but I know won't be able to on this device.

Do I feel duped? Not really,I'll deal with it. Maybe i shouldn't have to,but I really wanted this phone and now I have it and lollipop is amazing.

The end.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Robbie317 likes this.
    11-21-2014 05:40 PM
    What sort of battery life are you getting? What type on screen on time?

I think there's got to be something software related with the battery life. The Note 4 and Nexus 6 have similar screens and battery sizes and from what I've heard, the Note 4 has spectacular battery life and the Nexus 6 has average to decent battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 06:09 PM
    Battery life is so tricky.... Coming from the Nexus 5 this thing is amazing on battery life... I could barely make it through a 9 - 10 hour work day on a single charge... I am now on my second full day with the phone.... Yesterday I went 17 hours and 3 hours of screen on time and had 4% remaining at the end of the day.... basically 5 am - 10 pm (give or take a few minutes) right now in day two I am currently at a little over 13 hours with 22% remaining and 2:18 screen on..... So I should be on par with what I got yesterday.... My battery life is always worse during the work day as I work in a weak signal area.... I usually see better battery life on the weekends with more usage and screen on time.. but tomorrow will tell that story...

With the Nexus 5 I use to average 10 hours off charger and 2 hours screen on time before dropping to 5% or less.... After just a couple of days the Nexus 6 is nearly double that.............

It could be better and probably should be with all the battery saving technology that they were suppose to be packing in 5.0 and maybe after a few tweaks and updates it will get better I just don't expect it to be dramatically better.... Maybe I get to 20 - 24 hours without charging and 4 - 4.5 hours screen on.... which considering regardless if I am at 4% or 80% I always charge at night while I am sleeping... as long as I get up every morning at 100% she should easily be worth the money as so far I love just about everything on this phone.... and with my Nexus 5 on the charger almost all day at work I usually only did 3 - 4 hours of screen on time per day....

Way better than the Nexus 5 ever was..... behind the curve when you compare it to other phablets on the market with similar specs and batteries...
    11-21-2014 06:31 PM
    and if you have time to throw this thing on a wireless charging pad or plug it up with just a regular USB charger (not the included Turbo Charger) for an hour or two each day I could see it easily going 24+ hours.... I work in an office with a wireless charger on my desk so throwing it on there when I am busy and not using it would at least for me boost me to where I could probably go to bed with 40% remaining after 17 hours and easily get 4 hours screen on time.....
    11-21-2014 06:35 PM
    What sort of battery life are you getting? What type on screen on time?

I think there's got to be something software related with the battery life. The Note 4 and Nexus 6 have similar screens and battery sizes and from what I've heard, the Note 4 has spectacular battery life and the Nexus 6 has average to decent battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    I can't give you exact numbers as I've already plugged it up for a charge,however I started the day with 80% battery life and that was at 630am by the time I got home at about 6 it was rdy to charge again.

I'd say that's good but I didn't really use the phone much today beyond texting.

11-21-2014 06:37 PM
    had 4% remaining at the end of the day
    Keep doing that and the battery manufacturers will love you - that's a good way to make sure that the battery dies young. 40%-60% is about the ideal charging point for longest battery life. If you need more, and the phone doesn't have a removeable battery, carry an external plug-in one. Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    11-22-2014 12:27 PM
    I feel this phone is capable of great battery life, just right now there are a couple of things working against it. First seems like there's a bug somewhere that's keeping the mobile radio active even though the app isn't being used. Second tweaks to radio will help too. I have mine on sprint and connection drops now and then.

I feel if these things get resolved via ota that battery life will be much better. Currently on my 3rd day with the phone and my mobile radios have been active longer then the screen.

11-22-2014 12:36 PM
    bug somewhere that's keeping the mobile radio active even though the app isn't being used.
    That's just called "that's how it works - it's never been considered a bug.)

Second tweaks to radio will help too. I have mine on sprint and connection drops now and then.
    What's your signal strength and SNR when the connection drops? (Use SignalCheck Lite if you have no other way.) It's not possible to make a phone that works in a dead spot. (Anything under about -115dbm [IOW larger numbers] means there's almost no signal. That's a combination of your carrier's fault and your fault for choosing a carrier that doesn't prvide good signals where you need them.) If you're getting -100dbm and the connection still drops, it's the phone.

Currently on my 3rd day with the phone and my mobile radios have been active longer then the screen.
    Either use an app like Tasker to control that or turn off the radios you're not using manually. Apps don't check to see if any other app might need to use the radio and, if not, shut it off. And if an app that used the radio (like a web browser) tries to make a connection and can't, it doesn't try to turn on the radio, it tells you that it can't make a connection. You don't want closing one app to make another app fail.
    11-22-2014 01:11 PM
    Keep doing that and the battery manufacturers will love you - that's a good way to make sure that the battery dies young. 40%-60% is about the ideal charging point for longest battery life. If you need more, and the phone doesn't have a removeable battery, carry an external plug-in one. Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries
    I don't typically let my battery go that dead! I typically top charge during the day and rarely let my battery drop below 40%... I work in an office 9+ hours a day and have a wireless charger on my desk... I was just curious over these first couple days how long the battery would last if I didn't keep it top charged...
    11-22-2014 01:28 PM