One Handed Use

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So, how does everyone feel about the Nexus 6 and one handed use.

I personally don't have any major issues. There's a little more maneuvering with my fingers than with my Moto X which was perfect but with my Galaxy S3 I kind of had to maneuver it a little so I feel right at home. The phone feels really comfortable in one hand.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So, how does everyone feel about the Nexus 6 and one handed use.

I personally don't have any major issues. There's a little more maneuver with my fingers than my Moto X which was perfect but with my Galaxy S3 I kind of had to maneuver a little so I feel right at home. The phone feels really comfortable in one hand.

I can manage with one hand... it does take more adjustments than with a smaller phone!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have really never needed to use my phone with one hand, even when I had phones that were smaller and easier to wield with one hand. Would like to know why one-handed use is important? What are the benefits other than having a free hand?

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have really never needed to use my phone with one hand, even when I had phones that were smaller and easier to wield with one hand. Would like to know why one-handed use is important? What are the benefits other than having a free hand?

It's very important to me as someone who takes public transportation. If it's raining and I'm on the way to the next bus I can hold an umbrella and my phone.

I use my phone a lot. Sometimes it's just more convenient. I'm playing a game with friends and I don't have to put my cards down. I can quickly just grab it, text then put it back down.

For me, I'm so used to it anyway that it's a habit to use my phone one handed. Using it with both hands is secondary.

Last edited:

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
definitely taking a little bit more to get used to it. very hard to type with one hand, luckily, SwiftKey can customize the keyboard to one side of the screen. haha. kind of ashamed to say this, it does stop me from peeing and playing with my phone at the same time since I am afraid to drop the phone in the toilet. 😳

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It's very important to me as someone who takes public transportation. If it's raining and I'm on the way to the next bus I can hold an umbrella and my phone.

I use my phone a lot. Sometimes it's just more convenient. I'm playing a game with friends and I don't have to put my phone down. I can quickly just grab it, text then put it back down.

For me, I'm so used to it anyway that it's a habit to use my phone one handed. Using it with both hands is secondary.

Gotcha. I feel a lot more comfortable and efficient using two hands. I have tried at times to use my phone one-handed and it just felt unnatural.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I use my phone a lot. Sometimes it's just more convenient. I'm playing a game with friends and I don't have to put my cards down. I can quickly just grab it, text then put it back down.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--wph0GUue--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/rvfkdqa94oveu6zddcxm.gif

It's entirely possible!!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I can use it one handed though sometimes my thumb gets a bit sore from having to stretch to reach the back button. I think that's the condition known as "nexus thumb".