GPS - Nexus 5 vs. Nexus 6

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
No Nexus 5 here either but GPS lock is 4 or 5 times faster than my Note 2. I am getting lock in the 3 second range as well.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 here connects in 5 seconds with that app and never took very long ever really for any GPS location service. Maybe your Nexus had issues with its gps.

Posted via Nexus 5

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 here connects in 5 seconds with that app and never took very long ever really for any GPS location service. Maybe your Nexus had issues with its gps.

Posted via Nexus 5

A lot of the N5's sold at its launch had gps issues. Mine had been, imo, passable, but had degraded to the point of unusability by this past summer. Google replaced it, indicating my IMEI was in a range of devices with "known GPS issues," and the replacement is far faster than the original had ever been. I usually lock on within about 3-4 seconds. If the N6 is comparable (haven't received mine yet - due to ship on Wednesday) I'll have no concerns whatsoever.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My N5 degraded over time, and the GPS sucks in it now. It was a launch day one, so that's probably why. The N6 is almost instant with the GPS lock. I was shocked when I first used it.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!