Owning the Nexus 6 and....

NerdTopper

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the Nexus 6 and the iPhone 6+, am I crazy to own more then one phone? I just love pure android as well as iOS and I rather have 2 phones then owning a phone and a tablet. Of course I only have one Sim which I switch to either phone whenever I feel like using one over the other, so its not like I'm paying monthly for two phones. What's everyone's thought on this?

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I usually have a backup phone which I'll use when I sell my main phone just before a new phone I want is released.

Right now my backup is an M7. I prefer Android over iOS but I do have an iPad and iPod in the house to go with the other Android devices.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
To each his own.... I don't guess it's that bad if you are just switching out a single SIM between two devices.... I use to carry a work iPhone and my Android as my personal so it was a pain to carry around two devices all the time.. I don't think I'd want to do it unless I just bought two devices that came out around the same time and was trying to decide which I wanted to be my everyday driver... but once I settled on one I wouldn't do it anymore....

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Nexus 6 and the iPhone 6+, am I crazy to own more then one phone? I just love pure android as well as iOS and I rather have 2 phones then owning a phone and a tablet. Of course I only have one Sim which I switch to either phone whenever I feel like using one over the other, so its not like I'm paying monthly for two phones. What's everyone's thought on this?

Well I definitely won't criticize you because I have an iPhone 6+ and nexus 6 AND am paying for separate lines for them! By the next generation of phones I will most likely narrow down to either iOS or Android and drop a line, but we'll see.

I also have an iPad Air 2 w/LTE (5gb/month for only $10, gotta love t-mo!) and a nexus 9. Ultimately I have to decide which ecosystem to go with, so I have iOS phone/tablet and android phone/tablet. No rush to make a decision, and I'm having so much fun playing with both I think it'll be at least a year before I decide.... >.>

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I also own an iPhone 6 plus and I ordered a Nexus 6. I also own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which I am about to sell because of the Nexus. I do not carry both devices with me every day however. I just switch the SIM when I feel like it.

I love both OSs so I don't discriminate. I say if you want it and can afford it, why not? You can't take it with you when you're dead. LOL!

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I also own an iPhone 6 plus and I ordered a Nexus 6. I also own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which I am about to sell because of the Nexus. I do not carry both devices with me every day however. I just switch the SIM when I feel like it.

I love both OSs so I don't discriminate. I say if you want it and can afford it, why not? You can't take it with you when you're dead. LOL!

I did the exact same thing. Just sold the Note and bought the Nexus 6. Haven't been able to part with my 6 Plus. So I switch SIMS when I feel like a change.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

You can only eat one steak at a time.

MadManMoon

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You're not alone! I still have my Droid Maxx Developer Edition, my Moto X Developer Edition, my Galaxy Nexus, all on Verizon. I also have a Nexus 4 and a Lumia 521, just for giggles. I'll be returning the Maxx next week (2.4GHz wifi doesn't work, so Motorola generously offered a full refund, which funded my Nexus 6). I'll keep the X as a backup. It's an addiction, but I love it!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 6 today and also have the iPhone 6 plus. Im a phone junkie and enjoy tech.
No shame, and I'm fortunate to be able to do it.

John

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's up to the individual really. I've got my nexus 6 which I use as my daily driver but I've also got a iPhone 6 that I was using before I got my Nexus. No plans to get rid of it use it as a backup or whatever possibly in between phone. Honestly with the Nexus 6 I probably won't be switching though until the next Nexus. I use Verizon as my main service but my work phone is through at&t so could always use prior nexii on at&t but I usually just forward those calls to my Verizon line anyways and couldn't use a Nexus prior to this year. Well the GNex but then that wasn't really a true Nexus lol. I also have a BlackBerry Q10 so too many phones to use at once yes but nice to have a choice and variety. Have to say though since I've had the Nexus 6 I haven't been thinking about any of my other devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6, iPhone 6 Plus, and HTC One M8 Dev Edition owner here. No shame in enjoying tech as long as the bills are paid. We work hard so we should get to enjoy the benefits of that.

Sent from my Nexus 6

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I definitely won't criticize you because I have an iPhone 6+ and nexus 6 AND am paying for separate lines for them! By the next generation of phones I will most likely narrow down to either iOS or Android and drop a line, but we'll see.

I also have an iPad Air 2 w/LTE (5gb/month for only $10, gotta love t-mo!) and a nexus 9. Ultimately I have to decide which ecosystem to go with, so I have iOS phone/tablet and android phone/tablet. No rush to make a decision, and I'm having so much fun playing with both I think it'll be at least a year before I decide.... >.>

Same situation.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
True. If I made more money, I would probably have more devices. But it wouldn't include an Apple phone. But that's just me.
I like both platforms and enjoy using both, but I understand if the iPhone isn't for some people.

For tech junkies like us, the saying really does go "Mo money, mo devices". LOL

Sent from my Nexus 6

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
IPhone 6, 6+, Nexus 6, Droid Turbo, Moto X 2014, Lumia Icon, and HTC One M8 (Windows).
I think it's definitely ok to have and use multiple phones. I switch around one a week, or whenever some new software comes out. I can't call myself a fan of any one OS, as they all have strengths and weaknesses in different areas.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm