Google Nexus 6 Random reboots?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So my Nexus 6, twice now, has rebooted upon pulling it out of my pocket.

It'll reboot, go to the Android logo, go to my lock screen and then the moment I put in my code it'll reboot again. Once it's done with that second reboot, it'll come back up normally where I can use it.

It's done this sequence twice now within a week or so span. Is this the issue that Motorola recalled for? Since it's infrequent, can I count on them fixing the the issue with an OTA or should I really actually send the device back in for a replacement? I dont want to and hope that an OTA will fix the issue for those of us that dont want to send it off and wait for a replacement.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Random reboots?

Not sure if this is the same thing or not. I was sleeping and heard the stupid att logo sound right that displays right before the phone boots up. So after the phone came back on I had 10 new google services updates in the play store. Seems like any google app.

My phone was on when it rebooted, so I am not sure if it was because of the updates or a random thing. Thankful for the att logo though or I wouldn't of known

Posted via the Android Central App
From Nexus 6

edwarto#CB

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I have two reboots but there not the same as power on I would see the flying balls :) but it would only take a few seconds to restart. not like when you do a power off and it takes a few minutes to boot up

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I have AT&T and haven't found any reboot or problem at all....and battery is very good too...maybe try factory reset..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Well I'm hoping we see an OTA soon to fix all the misc bugs that Lollipop has. If it continues after that OTA I'll wipe it.

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have had mine reboot twice, and both times it happened when I was sending a sms through the new messenger app. switched back to hangouts and it hasnt rebooted since.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

So do you think this is a software bug? or a hardware issue? Mine rebooted again today for the second time. I am not sure what is causing it to reboot. It was just lying flat untouched then I heard the ATT logo splash screen.

The only thing is, just like my previous post. immediately after the reboot there was a update in the playstore that started to download. I went into the play store settings and changed it so it doesn't automatically start downloading when a app is ready to be updated.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine rebooted twice yesterday within like two hours. Wasn't using it at the time. In fact every time it's rebooted I wasn't using it.

fronzdan

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got this phone today. It has already rebooted like this once. The phone was sitting on my chest, I had dozed off for a minute. Freaking AT&T startup sound woke me up. Besides the reboot problem, WTF is with that stupid sound and why can't I get rid of it?!!

rabydanimal

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not the only person with this problem. My AT&T N6 has rebooted seemingly at random 3 or 4 times now, usually while in my pocket. Aside from questioning the phone's reliability it's bloody annoying as hell that the AT&T jingle always plays at full volume though those wonderful dual front facing speakers.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not the only person with this problem. My AT&T N6 has rebooted seemingly at random 3 or 4 times now, usually while in my pocket. Aside from questioning the phone's reliability it's bloody annoying as hell that the AT&T jingle always plays at full volume though those wonderful dual front facing speakers.

I use Silent Boot to remedy that noise :]

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping 5.0.1 fixes this. I was laying in bed, things were working fine on my phone. Unplugged it, got dressed, as I was leaving my house, BAM.. DOO DOO DOO.. stupid AT&T sound..

What's odd was the first couple times this happened, I couldnt power the screen on. So I would press and hold the power button to reboot it. The last couple times it's made the AT&T reboot sound, I just left it.. checked it like 10 minutes later and it was back to normal.

Do we know if anyone's sent in a ticket to Google about this?

How can Motorola recall the AT&T Nexus when this is happening to people who bought from Motorola or Google and are just using an AT&T SIM?

This isn't an AT&T device specific issue.. it's an issue using an AT&T SIM inside the Nexus 6.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/help/att-random-reboot-solution-t2951248

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping 5.0.1 fixes this. I was laying in bed, things were working fine on my phone. Unplugged it, got dressed, as I was leaving my house, BAM.. DOO DOO DOO.. stupid AT&T sound..

Do we know if anyone's sent in a ticket to Google about this?

How can Motorola recall the AT&T Nexus when this is happening to people who bought from Motorola or Google and are just using an AT&T SIM?

This isn't an AT&T device specific issue.. it's an issue using an AT&T SIM inside the Nexus 6.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/help/att-random-reboot-solution-t2951248

The ATT issue is different.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance