Is there a way to get 1440p YouTube videos on the N6

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have version 5.18.5 and I don't recall doing anything special to get it; although maybe I manually installed on my Moto X and it was copied via NFC. Anyway, I see the 1440 option on MKBHD videos.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
[APK Download] YouTube 5.9 For Android Delivers A Number Of Playlist-Related Tweaks

I installed this apk and changed my YouTube update settings in the playstore

Posted via the Android Central App

I toggled off the prohibition against installing apps not sourced from Google Play & downloaded the APK from their link, but when I go to install it (com.google.android.youtube-5.9.0.10.apk), it brings up a screen saying "App not installed."

My device is stock from the Google Play store, not rooted. I tried rolling back the software (which had been updated) to the 'factory' version pre-installed on it, but no better luck.

Is there something else I need to do?

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I toggled off the prohibition against installing apps not sourced from Google Play & downloaded the APK from their link, but when I go to install it (com.google.android.youtube-5.9.0.10.apk), it brings up a screen saying "App not installed."

My device is stock from the Google Play store, not rooted. I tried rolling back the software (which had been updated) to the 'factory' version pre-installed on it, but no better luck.

Is there something else I need to do?
That one doesn't work... You need version 5.18.5. Get it from apkmirror.com

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the 5.9.0.10.apk. I had to remove the YouTube app(requires root). Then reboot. It then let me install the apk. It seemed stuck on 720p so I had to wipe data/clear cache for the new app again to be able to select 1440p

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the 5.9.0.10.apk. I had to remove the YouTube app(requires root). Then reboot. It then let me install the apk. It seemed stuck on 720p so I had to wipe data/clear cache for the new app again to be able to select 1440p
The 5.18.5 version (from apkmirror) does not require root, and offers 1440p support.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That one doesn't work... You need version 5.18.5. Get it from apkmirror.com

Worked for me twice. Once when I was stock and after I rooted and had to re-install. I used Astro File manager to side load the apk. But if version 5.18.5 loads without a problem then go for it! 👍👌👍👌

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 742.jpg
    742.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 99

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't install the apk on my N6 for some reason. I have unknown sources enabled, but when I open the apk with package manager, the install button isn't clickable - I can only click the cancel button. I've cleared data/cache from the YouTube app as well. Do I need to uninstall updates first?

Edit: NVM, just had to restart...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay