Google Nexus 6 Screen Issues

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Should amend that. If you keep your brightness above 50% routinely. I would guess those who do will see it more. Might explain why they kept the panel dim.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I keep brightness around 65-70% on all my devices so I guess I'm screwed if I get the nexus 6 lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've noticed a very slight hint of burn in already on the notification bar and nav button areas. It's really only noticeable with certain backgrounds and you really have to be watching for it, but it's there. I was sort of afraid this would happen down the road but not this early. I'm not sure if this is something I would RMA for yet but I'm certainly afraid it might get even worse in little time. I keep my display at 75% brightness with adaptive display on.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Yikes!

I was reading over at XDA about the letters falling off. Surprised some were claiming it a non issue. If the apple started falling off the back of a iPhone we'd all be laughing and ripping on a cheap phone.

All fanboys are the same, doesn't matter the platform or product. Every product has a group of people like that. Regardless of what anyone says if something is broken on your new product, it's garbage, send it back or return it. If my nexus has issues I'm getting a refund and order it at another time.

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I think its the early batch of phones. I hear some talking about a pink or yellow tone screens. Then others claim to have no issues. I stop at a sprint store to play with a unit and the screen was good.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I think its the early batch of phones. I hear some talking about a pink or yellow tone screens. Then others claim to have no issues. I stop at a sprint store to play with a unit and the screen was good.

Same here. While I waited for my phone to come in I went to many stores (trying to find one to buy or at least play with) and none of the phones I encountered (The display units were always set to full brightness and no screen off) they appeared fine. I'd do the the google.com rotate thing and didn't see any burn in or ghosting. Like I've said previously I typically only buy amoled phones and haven't seen any of my personal devices with problems. I feel bad for those that do because that sucks.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Yikes!

You are assuming... the poster has 3 total post on XDA not saying burn in isn't possible but I've had mine a week and a half with a lot of usage without burn in issues...

Almost everything posted on a forum has to be taken with a grain of salt...

Same here. I don't see how one ✆ reviewer can say all of the phone screens will have burn in because she tested ONE MODEL with the issue!

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
I saw the screen burn post, check mine after one week, no burn. I checked yesterday, I have screen burn. Screen time out is set to 30 sec. I just use my phone normally. If I look hard, I can see it in YouTube videos or photos. Doesn't really bother me, but it's there. I've had this phone for 24 days as of today.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I saw the screen burn post, check mine after one week, no burn. I checked yesterday, I have screen burn. Screen time out is set to 30 sec. I just use my phone normally. If I look hard, I can see it in YouTube videos or photos. Doesn't really bother me, but it's there. I've had this phone for 24 days as of today.

This is disturbing!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

what is your brightness level set at? %?

RayMabry

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for about 3 weeks and I can confirm the issue. It's faint but it's there.

I sent my friend the video below to play full screen and he confirmed it with his Nexus 6. Same as my issue, faint but there.

10 hours of the incredible white screen(16:9): http://youtu.be/WKB0JUkksJg

EDIT - It may show up even more with this video playing full screen.

[One Hour Video] Light Gray Screen: http://youtu.be/uI6EQjXwYR8

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463