How exactly do I activate on verizon?

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
currently on a gnex with micro sim.
Went to vzw store to get a nano they said i need the phone with me.
Called customer care they are shipping me a nano sim, but told me i will need to go online and enter the sim card and imei number

Will i be able to activate the nex 6 this way or will online activation deny me??:mad:
:mad::mad:

so [language] complicated

Last edited by a moderator:

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
im pretty sure DL had a already activated nano sim on them(from moto x and such)
this will be my first nano sim. i may buy the cutters just in case and cut it. but i rather just get a new sim

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you're probably right. Any reason why you're afraid the online activation won't work, though?

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
well im not sure if i have to enter any of the phones info or the sim card info? and im scared if i enter the nex 6 numbers on verizons site they will not allow it since its not on their system really..ya know?
but i cant remember if the guy on phone said enter the sim card #'s or the nexus 6 's

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The IMEI for the phone wont work. Trying to activate it online will be impossible as will doing it in store. You may find a cool rep who will use an IMEI number from another phone to activate the nano sim for you, but other wise no luck. Trust me I spent Friday and Saturday trying to do so till I got fed up and cut down the sim card from my GNex. It works fine on the phone, but when I get the chance I'll be obtaining a proper nano sim for the phone. When that will be, who knows.

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
so my only option is to cut it? then why was everyone saying to go get a sim and order a sim from vzw chat and such...

this is so stupid, tired of google and verizon

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
so my only option is to cut it? then why was everyone saying to go get a sim and order a sim from vzw chat and such...

It's not Google. It's Verizon. Sorry but they will only officially activate pre-approved IMEI's. The way the technology is designed would allow you to move your SIM into the Nexus 6 and have it work without problems. But Verizon does not officially support it as of yet. So they will not accept your IMEI. Google isn't the cause here.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I pulled the sim from my 2013 Moto X and it worked fine. I do notice online it doesn't identify/recognize the type of phone I have.

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not Google. It's Verizon. Sorry but they will only officially activate pre-approved IMEI's. The way the technology is designed would allow you to move your SIM into the Nexus 6 and have it work without problems. But Verizon does not officially support it as of yet. So they will not accept your IMEI. Google isn't the cause here.

well verizon for that and google for taking 1 month to finally order the blasted thing ha

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
currently on a gnex with micro sim.
Went to vzw store to get a nano they said i need the phone with me.
Called customer care they are shipping me a nano sim, but told me i will need to go online and enter the sim card and imei number

Will i be able to activate the nex 6 this way or will online activation deny me??:mad:
:mad::mad:

so [language] complicated

I walked into AT&T told them I had an adapter and wanted a Nano Sim. They gave me one and activated in the store. I got home put the nano Sim in the adapter and put it in my Nexus 5. When my Nexus 6 arrives on Thursday I will pull the nano Sim from the nexus 5 and put it in my Nexus 6.

Simple......one reason I left [languaged removed by Moderator] Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I walked into AT&T told them I had an adapter and wanted a Nano Sim. They gave me one and activated in the store. I got home put the nano Sim in the adapter and put it in my Nexus 5. When my Nexus 6 arrives on Thursday I will pull the nano Sim from the nexus 5 and put it in my Nexus 6.

Simple......one reason I left [language] Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

no reason why i couldnt do that in vzw. bunch of idiots over there thinking they know everything. the only thing i kept hearing while waiting fro 45 minutes was "the droid turbo is the best phone out its the most reliable secure and fastest"

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

I put the new nano into adapter and activated it in my Vzw Sg4, over the phone with customer service. Then took it out of the Sg4, out of the adapter and into my Nexus 6.
Like a charm!

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I put the new nano into adapter and activated it in my Vzw Sg4, over the phone with customer service. Then took it out of the Sg4, out of the adapter and into my Nexus 6.
Like a charm!

what phone did you come from though? was the sg4 already activated? you just put it in the adapter..in the sg4 and called them?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
what phone did you come from though? was the sg4 already activated? you just cut it..put it in the adapter..in the sg4 and called them?
Sg4 was on my account. When I first put the new nano into the Sg4. It (the new sim) was not on my account. Customer service on landline asked me a couple questions and activated it. After that I put it into the Nexus 6 and all was well. Hope I answered your questions.

No cutting was necessary.

greeknasty

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks wtherrell that makes sense!
what is the best sim adapter there are quite a few on amazon. this IMO is the best route to go with

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance