Same sim, 2 phones

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if I can use a nano sim with an adapter on a DROID Razr Maxx HD? I have just been told by tier 2 tech support at Verizon that the nano card is "incompatible" with the Razr. I have a Nexus 6 coming in a week and I want to be able to use both phones. Thanks for any help.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
With an adapter, yes. They're saying no simply because they don't support SIM adapters.

Posted via Android Central App

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Any ideas on how to get the sim activated?

They won't do it unless someone is willing to bend for you. If you're that eager, you may be better off cutting your current SIM with a cutter and then using the adapter for the RAZR. I don't personally advocate cutting your SIM but you may not have many other options.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
With an adapter, yes. They're saying no simply because they don't support SIM adapters.

There's a legitimate reason carriers don't advocate use of sim adapters... If one isn't careful, or if one uses a cheaply made adapter, it's easy for it and/or the sim to get stuck in the phone's sim tray, or for it to be damaged. That being said, if you get a good tray and are careful, you should be fine (though using a manually cut nano-sim in an adapter is more likely to lead to trouble than if you have a 'produced' nano-sim).

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
There's a legitimate reason carriers don't advocate use of sim adapters... If one isn't careful, or if one uses a cheaply made adapter, it's easy for it and/or the sim to get stuck in the phone's sim tray, or for it to be damaged. That being said, if you get a good tray and are careful, you should be fine (though using a manually cut nano-sim in an adapter is more likely to lead to trouble than if you have a 'produced' nano-sim).

And I 100% agree with them. As I mentioned, I don't advocate the use of a SIM adapter. Just simply giving an option that has worked for others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692