Why hasn't my Nexus 6 shipped yet?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to believe and do not know why I put myself through all of this..... Took three weeks to finally get a Nexus 6 in my cart and make a purchase on 11/19. Got a ship date of by 12/03/2014. I know that is today, so I called because I have not received any notifications and was told my order is still being processed and they have no date for when it will be shipped. Really!!??

You know this is going to turn into a vent session, but my brother-in-law is an apple fanboy. It sucks to see him with his iPhone 6 in hand with a Lifeproof case. While I sit here waiting for my Google Nexus 6 phone and no real cases available for the phone yet. I would have thought if Google was going to create a premium device they would have worked with Otterbox and Lifeproof to create a case worthy of an 800 dollar phone..

Don't get me wrong, I am not upset really about not having the phone yet, but if Google is going to put dates out there by when they will ship something...hit the date. If they could not have hit 12/3 they should have said around 12/3....not by or on 12/3.:)

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Why the hell would we know. I can't believe I'm telling an old man to be patient. Just wait until the supposed ship date is actually over and if you still haven't received a shipping notice then complain to Google, not at us about them.

What the hell does this have to do with Apple? It took my coworker two months to finally receive his iPhone 6 after he was able to place an order so if you're going to equate your GPS experience to the Apple store then expect to wait two months to get your phone.

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
True story.. My SO ordered the iPhone 6+ about two months ago, and his delivery date has been pushed back until 12/17-12/24.

Yikes.OP, I'm super glad you're not cranky about not having it yet. But you do, in my opinion, have the right to be cranky if Google in fact doesn't meet the ship date they set. Keep us posted throughout the day if something changes!

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a Chromecast on 11/28 through Google Play. On 11/29 I got an email that it had shipped and a UPS number. When I checked the UPS tracking number today 12/3. it says, "Order Processed: Ready for UPS". They generated a shipping label, but it hasn't arrived at UPS yet.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to believe and do not know why I put myself through all of this..... Took three weeks to finally get a Nexus 6 in my cart and make a purchase on 11/19. Got a ship date of by 12/03/2014. I know that is today, so I called because I have not received any notifications and was told my order is still being processed and they have no date for when it will be shipped. Really!!??

You know this is going to turn into a vent session, but my brother-in-law is an apple fanboy. It sucks to see him with his iPhone 6 in hand with a Lifeproof case. While I sit here waiting for my Google Nexus 6 phone and no real cases available for the phone yet. I would have thought if Google was going to create a premium device they would have worked with Otterbox and Lifeproof to create a case worthy of an 800 dollar phone..

Don't get me wrong, I am not upset really about not having the phone yet, but if Google is going to put dates out there by when they will ship something...hit the date. If they could not have hit 12/3 they should have said around 12/3....not by or on 12/3.:)

Such is the life of an early adopter. Lots of folks who did not preorder their iPhone 6/+ were in the same situation. And of course iPhone gets all the accessories asap.

My nexus 6 is schedule to ship next week. I have 2 other phones to use until it arrives so hopefully if it is delayed, it will not be too long.

Posted via my OnePlus One!

Last edited:

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell would we know. I can't believe I'm telling an old man to be patient. Just wait until the supposed ship date is actually over and if you still haven't received a shipping notice then complain to Google, not at us about them.

What the hell does this have to do with Apple? It took my coworker two months to finally receive his iPhone 6 after he was able to place an order so if you're going to equate your GPS experience to the Apple store then expect to wait two months to get your phone.

I can't believe you are calling me an old man :( You young whipper snapper watch how you speak to your elders.....and us old people like complaining about everything :)

BoleyWV

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
My Nov 12 order (64GB Blue) was supposed to ship by Nov 26. It did not ship by the date indicated. I called Google on Nov 30 and was told they are out of stock, getting more in each Wednesday, and it would ship to me when they got more. No specifics, no actual dates. Pretty poor customer service really (but this whole N6 ordering process has been similar).

The good news is that I got a shipping notification yesterday Dec 2nd. So its on the way and about a week late.

Bonus poor customer service: They lady I talked to on the 30th indicated she would refund my shipping (standard) and send it Next Day Air to make up for the delay. In truth it was sent UPS Ground and my shipping has not been refunded.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
My Nov 12 order (64GB Blue) was supposed to ship by Nov 26. It did not ship by the date indicated. I called Google on Nov 30 and was told they are out of stock, getting more in each Wednesday, and it would ship to me when they got more. No specifics, no actual dates. Pretty poor customer service really (but this whole N6 ordering process has been similar).

The good news is that I got a shipping notification yesterday Dec 2nd. So its on the way and about a week late.

Bonus poor customer service: They lady I talked to on the 30th indicated she would refund my shipping (standard) and send it Next Day Air to make up for the delay. In truth it was sent UPS Ground and my shipping has not been refunded.

Google - Do No Evil ...... hmmmm

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I ordered 64gb white on 11/06 with an expected date of 12/02. Didn't hear anything from Motorola the whole time. Checked last night and it changed to 12/17.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't expect them to ship it before COB on the "ship by" date. Yes, they have been known to ship it earlier, but not always, and they don't have to.
Having said that, my N6 was supposed to ship by 11/21 (Friday), but it ended up getting shipped on 11/25 - 2 biz days late. Oh well, after waiting a month, what's another 2 days? (yes, I was just as frustrated when it didn't ship on 11/21, or 11/24! Every day matters! Sheeeeesh!). Now that I have it in my hands, it was worth the wait ;)

El Goog did throw in some play store credit (and refunded my shipping fees) because of the inconvenience (without me asking for either). I did call them about 3 times asking for status updates.

I ordered 64gb white on 11/06 with an expected date of 12/02. Didn't hear anything from Motorola the whole time. Checked last night and it changed to 12/17.
Call Moto - they will likely give your Moto Credit that you can use to purchase an additional charger or other stuff from the Moto Store.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My order was due to ship on Dec 10 and my Amex was charged today! Hopefully good news!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Charged? Or Temporary authorization? I had temp auths 3 times before it finally shipped and I got charged.

Not sure but hearing you have had more than one means it might be a temp. Already had one but this may be another...damn. Not sure cause I have my amex set to email me for every charge over 100.

Update: I just got a shipment notification. Shipping one week early!

Do they ship from Fort Worth?

Last edited:

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
That's early adopter life though, sadly. Most people aren't like us (that is, those who go to sites like mobile nations or even know what they are). We are in the minority of users, so us bemoaning things like cases ship dates and that stuff doesn't matter to motorola or google.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but hearing you have had more than one means it might be a temp. Already had one but this may be another...damn. Not sure cause I have my amex set to email me for every charge over 100.

Log onto your Amex account, and see if the charge is under "Pending transactions" or "Posted"

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't get how they don't ship out based on order date... I keep hearing of 11/26 orders shipping today and 11/19 orders still pending.

Cannot answer that. I ordered a 64GB blue on last Wednesday the 26th and it shipped today from Louisville.