12-04-2014 01:36 PM
26 12
tools
    I wanted to believe and do not know why I put myself through all of this..... Took three weeks to finally get a Nexus 6 in my cart and make a purchase on 11/19. Got a ship date of by 12/03/2014. I know that is today, so I called because I have not received any notifications and was told my order is still being processed and they have no date for when it will be shipped. Really!!??

You know this is going to turn into a vent session, but my brother-in-law is an apple fanboy. It sucks to see him with his iPhone 6 in hand with a Lifeproof case. While I sit here waiting for my Google Nexus 6 phone and no real cases available for the phone yet. I would have thought if Google was going to create a premium device they would have worked with Otterbox and Lifeproof to create a case worthy of an 800 dollar phone..

Don't get me wrong, I am not upset really about not having the phone yet, but if Google is going to put dates out there by when they will ship something...hit the date. If they could not have hit 12/3 they should have said around 12/3....not by or on 12/3.
    12-03-2014 06:53 AM
    Why the hell would we know. I can't believe I'm telling an old man to be patient. Just wait until the supposed ship date is actually over and if you still haven't received a shipping notice then complain to Google, not at us about them.

What the hell does this have to do with Apple? It took my coworker two months to finally receive his iPhone 6 after he was able to place an order so if you're going to equate your GPS experience to the Apple store then expect to wait two months to get your phone.
    Ed Briggs likes this.
    12-03-2014 08:16 AM
    True story.. My SO ordered the iPhone 6+ about two months ago, and his delivery date has been pushed back until 12/17-12/24.

Yikes.OP, I'm super glad you're not cranky about not having it yet. But you do, in my opinion, have the right to be cranky if Google in fact doesn't meet the ship date they set. Keep us posted throughout the day if something changes!
    12-03-2014 08:20 AM
    I ordered a Chromecast on 11/28 through Google Play. On 11/29 I got an email that it had shipped and a UPS number. When I checked the UPS tracking number today 12/3. it says, "Order Processed: Ready for UPS". They generated a shipping label, but it hasn't arrived at UPS yet.
    12-03-2014 08:20 AM
    I wanted to believe and do not know why I put myself through all of this..... Took three weeks to finally get a Nexus 6 in my cart and make a purchase on 11/19. Got a ship date of by 12/03/2014. I know that is today, so I called because I have not received any notifications and was told my order is still being processed and they have no date for when it will be shipped. Really!!??

You know this is going to turn into a vent session, but my brother-in-law is an apple fanboy. It sucks to see him with his iPhone 6 in hand with a Lifeproof case. While I sit here waiting for my Google Nexus 6 phone and no real cases available for the phone yet. I would have thought if Google was going to create a premium device they would have worked with Otterbox and Lifeproof to create a case worthy of an 800 dollar phone..

Don't get me wrong, I am not upset really about not having the phone yet, but if Google is going to put dates out there by when they will ship something...hit the date. If they could not have hit 12/3 they should have said around 12/3....not by or on 12/3.
    Such is the life of an early adopter. Lots of folks who did not preorder their iPhone 6/+ were in the same situation. And of course iPhone gets all the accessories asap.

My nexus 6 is schedule to ship next week. I have 2 other phones to use until it arrives so hopefully if it is delayed, it will not be too long.

Posted via my OnePlus One!
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    12-03-2014 08:22 AM
    Nice writing! Wait some days until the notification don't come. Have a nice journey.
    12-03-2014 08:23 AM
    Why the hell would we know. I can't believe I'm telling an old man to be patient. Just wait until the supposed ship date is actually over and if you still haven't received a shipping notice then complain to Google, not at us about them.

What the hell does this have to do with Apple? It took my coworker two months to finally receive his iPhone 6 after he was able to place an order so if you're going to equate your GPS experience to the Apple store then expect to wait two months to get your phone.
    I can't believe you are calling me an old man You young whipper snapper watch how you speak to your elders.....and us old people like complaining about everything
    12-03-2014 09:18 AM
    My Nov 12 order (64GB Blue) was supposed to ship by Nov 26. It did not ship by the date indicated. I called Google on Nov 30 and was told they are out of stock, getting more in each Wednesday, and it would ship to me when they got more. No specifics, no actual dates. Pretty poor customer service really (but this whole N6 ordering process has been similar).

The good news is that I got a shipping notification yesterday Dec 2nd. So its on the way and about a week late.

Bonus poor customer service: They lady I talked to on the 30th indicated she would refund my shipping (standard) and send it Next Day Air to make up for the delay. In truth it was sent UPS Ground and my shipping has not been refunded.
    12-03-2014 09:45 AM
    My Nov 12 order (64GB Blue) was supposed to ship by Nov 26. It did not ship by the date indicated. I called Google on Nov 30 and was told they are out of stock, getting more in each Wednesday, and it would ship to me when they got more. No specifics, no actual dates. Pretty poor customer service really (but this whole N6 ordering process has been similar).

The good news is that I got a shipping notification yesterday Dec 2nd. So its on the way and about a week late.

Bonus poor customer service: They lady I talked to on the 30th indicated she would refund my shipping (standard) and send it Next Day Air to make up for the delay. In truth it was sent UPS Ground and my shipping has not been refunded.
    Google - Do No Evil ...... hmmmm
    12-03-2014 10:05 AM

I ordered 64gb white on 11/06 with an expected date of 12/02. Didn't hear anything from Motorola the whole time. Checked last night and it changed to 12/17.
    12-03-2014 12:07 PM
    Don't expect them to ship it before COB on the "ship by" date. Yes, they have been known to ship it earlier, but not always, and they don't have to.
    Having said that, my N6 was supposed to ship by 11/21 (Friday), but it ended up getting shipped on 11/25 - 2 biz days late. Oh well, after waiting a month, what's another 2 days? (yes, I was just as frustrated when it didn't ship on 11/21, or 11/24! Every day matters! Sheeeeesh!). Now that I have it in my hands, it was worth the wait

El Goog did throw in some play store credit (and refunded my shipping fees) because of the inconvenience (without me asking for either). I did call them about 3 times asking for status updates.

I ordered 64gb white on 11/06 with an expected date of 12/02. Didn't hear anything from Motorola the whole time. Checked last night and it changed to 12/17.
    Call Moto - they will likely give your Moto Credit that you can use to purchase an additional charger or other stuff from the Moto Store.
    12-03-2014 12:13 PM
    My order was due to ship on Dec 10 and my Amex was charged today! Hopefully good news!

courtneyftw likes this.
    12-03-2014 01:39 PM
    My order was due to ship on Dec 10 and my Amex was charged today! Hopefully good news!
    Charged? Or Temporary authorization? I had temp auths 3 times before it finally shipped and I got charged.
    12-03-2014 02:04 PM
    Charged? Or Temporary authorization? I had temp auths 3 times before it finally shipped and I got charged.
    Not sure but hearing you have had more than one means it might be a temp. Already had one but this may be another...damn. Not sure cause I have my amex set to email me for every charge over 100.

Update: I just got a shipment notification. Shipping one week early!

Do they ship from Fort Worth?

12-03-2014 02:30 PM
    That's early adopter life though, sadly. Most people aren't like us (that is, those who go to sites like mobile nations or even know what they are). We are in the minority of users, so us bemoaning things like cases ship dates and that stuff doesn't matter to motorola or google.
    12-03-2014 02:51 PM
    Not sure but hearing you have had more than one means it might be a temp. Already had one but this may be another...damn. Not sure cause I have my amex set to email me for every charge over 100.
    Log onto your Amex account, and see if the charge is under "Pending transactions" or "Posted"
    brosko likes this.
    12-03-2014 03:25 PM
    Log onto your Amex account, and see if the charge is under "Pending transactions" or "Posted"
    Got a shipment notification! One week early! Do they ship from Fort Worth?

jj14x likes this.
    12-03-2014 05:43 PM

My Play Store order shipped from Louisville, KY, United States
    12-03-2014 09:18 PM

I don't get how they don't ship out based on order date... I keep hearing of 11/26 orders shipping today and 11/19 orders still pending.
    12-03-2014 10:00 PM
    I don't get how they don't ship out based on order date... I keep hearing of 11/26 orders shipping today and 11/19 orders still pending.
    Cannot answer that. I ordered a 64GB blue on last Wednesday the 26th and it shipped today from Louisville.

12-03-2014 11:20 PM
    To the original poster, I also ordered mine on 11/19 and I got a UPS tracking number with an email saying mine shipped. I received this at 5:30pm est today. You may want to check your email again. I'm hoping to have mine by Friday....I hope I hope I hope
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    12-03-2014 11:46 PM
    I ordered a Chromecast on 11/28 through Google Play. On 11/29 I got an email that it had shipped and a UPS number. When I checked the UPS tracking number today 12/3. it says, "Order Processed: Ready for UPS". They generated a shipping label, but it hasn't arrived at UPS yet.
    I got one for ya. (even though you're a Bears fan) I ordered a case and it took 10 days (originated from CA) to go from Atlanta GA to Woodstock GA (which is 15 miles) stuff happens. And then I've had stuff ship across the country in 2 days. Go figure.
    ChuckG73 and palandri like this.
    12-04-2014 01:34 AM
    I just checked the UPS tracking number again for the phone I ordered on 11/29 and it says that its in Tennessee now and will be delivered Tomorrow!! I spent a good part of the day yesterday going to corporate Verizon stores to try and get them to give me a nano sim....no luck. I have an HTC DNA that takes a micro sim and they refused. I came back with the small nano-to-micro adapter and they still wouldn't give me one. If I crawled in there with blood pouring out of my neck and the only thing that would save me would be a nano sim they still wouldn't give me one. Bunch of assholes with pompous attitudes. They told me since the DNA doesn't take nano sims that they couldn't activate the sim. I told them that was not the information Verizon tech help gave me on the phone. Guess its cutting time for me
    12-04-2014 11:25 AM
    Cannot answer that. I ordered a 64GB blue on last Wednesday the 26th and it shipped today from Louisville.

I ordered a 64gb blue on the 24th from Tmo...no updates yet

Did you order yours from the play store?
    12-04-2014 12:27 PM
    I just checked the UPS tracking number again for the phone I ordered on 11/29 and it says that its in Tennessee now and will be delivered Tomorrow!! I spent a good part of the day yesterday going to corporate Verizon stores to try and get them to give me a nano sim....no luck. I have an HTC DNA that takes a micro sim and they refused. I came back with the small nano-to-micro adapter and they still wouldn't give me one. If I crawled in there with blood pouring out of my neck and the only thing that would save me would be a nano sim they still wouldn't give me one. Bunch of assholes with pompous attitudes. They told me since the DNA doesn't take nano sims that they couldn't activate the sim. I told them that was not the information Verizon tech help gave me on the phone. Guess its cutting time for me
    Get a girl to go in and act like she is clueless. Works EVERY time.

12-04-2014 01:34 PM
26 12