SMS/MMS problems with sprint

handwerk79

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
haven't seen a thread on this yet. ive have gone back to my Note 3 due to the fact that I like many have been having problem with our device sending multiple messages and not receiving messages or phone calls one Sprints network. i have went to global settings and 3G settings, but the problem has persisted so much I decided to go back to my Note 3 until this problem is fix. How many others have had this problem with this phone on Sprints network (and yes i know their network is ****) oh and i bought the unlocked Google version of this phone, not from Sprint directly.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Wacky.
It should not make a difference where it was purchased from as they are all the same.
I got mine from Sprint and have had no problems at all with messaging.
I don't use the Stock Messenger app, I use Go SMS Pro, but that also should not make a difference.

Mav. :cool:

handwerk79

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
ya there is a very long list of people on Sprints message board complaining about it. Ive been using Textra then the stock messenger. ive had friends even have it show up on their phone do you want to block this number due to so many texts being sent.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Its been happening to me off and on since I got my phone a couple of weeks ago. Idk how to make it stop.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

handwerk79

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
they suggested the usual run around. either its the phone itself or its Sprints network. im just glad i held onto my note 3. if the problem keeps happening ill just sell it on ebay or see about trading it for a note 4. i just dont like touchwiz and bloatware from companies.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just brought mine over to T Mobile and had them switch the sim card. No more multiple texts. If you get good T Mobile coverage where you live, that's an option. I bought my phone outright.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just found this out there in the ether.

The update to version 5.0.1 should fix this MMS problem.

"Those waiting for the Android 5.0.1 update on the Nexus 6 can expect it to arrive soon, and this morning we received a full set of details regarding when that may actually happen. All Nexus 6 owners can expect something similar to the details below, but this information comes from a change-log for the Sprint Nexus 6.

According to a Verified Sprint Employee over on Reddit, the Nexus 6 Android 5.0.1 bug fixing update is set to be released starting on December 15th. He suggests the roll-out will start slow with 5-10% of users on the 15th and 16th, then Google will gradually release Android 5.0.1 for the Nexus 6 to more users over the course of the week. Stating that all other Nexus 6 owners will get it from December 17-19th.

The update to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop for the Nexus 6, and most other Nexus devices, will bring an array of fixes that have plagued the initial release. These release notes are specific to Sprint, but likely most of these will be for all Nexus 6 owners as well. We’re hearing on 4G LTE it sends double text messages (Sprint only) which will be addressed, as well as some other minor issues."

Fixes/Enhancements:

Android update to assure all Google applications can be installed properly.
Enhancements to device call stability.
Fixes an application install issue.
Fixes modem issue.
Software version: LRX22C.

Good news, I think. :)

Mav. :cool:

Last edited:

handwerk79

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
first bit of good news ive read. i know the people from sprint in the message boards sounded totally clueless altogether. thanks for the update!

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the duplicate issue but ive had issues with not sending any texts at all to the point that I had to reboot the phone to have them send again.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had the duplicate issue but ive had issues with not sending any texts at all to the point that I had to reboot the phone to have them send again.

When that happens try to airplane mode the phone. That seems to kick the radio in the bottom and it sends right through.

Posted via THE Nexus 6!

cbalter

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issue with multiple sms being sent as well as not receiving or sending some texts randomly. Tried all the usual remedies but nothing has worked yet. One thing I noticed is that the phone adds "+1" to all numbers and there is no way to disable that. In the past the country code has caused problems with texting on the sprint network.

MrBrownstone

May 18, 2013
Visit site
It occurs most often when you have Wi-Fi enabled and are connected. The device temporarily ignores Wi-Fi and flips to LTE to send SMS messages. When that happens, it loses track of what was successfully sent, then resends as if there was no connection at all.

If you turn off LTE, problem solved. New problem, you no longer have LTE.

I'm returning mine today as I'm at the end of my 14 day return period with Sprint. The proposed update doesn't address if it will actually fix the problem, nor does it address the device cycling on/off at random, the voice quality being spotty, stock apps shutting off at random, etc.

All in all, it's fairly obvious that no one at Google/Motorola nor Sprint actually tested this unit before releasing it.