Nexus 6 - Screen is warm... yellow?

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my N6 yesterday and while using Tap and Go, and setting it up side by side with my N5 I noticed that the screen on the N6 is substantially more warm.. with a definite yellow tint.

I really prefer the whites to be white.. so my question is.. Is my phone bad? Or is this normal for an AMOLED screen? Anyone else notice the same on their phone?

Thanks!

-Brett

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't bother me until it's side by side with my Note 4. If you turn off auto brightness it's a little better. My Moto X 2014 is the same way.

Posted via the Android Central App

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Auto brightness on the Nexus 6 is way too aggressive to the dim side. For me it literally destroys the screen. I will only use manual brightness control and set it for current conditions. The new brightness control on the notification shade is superb.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's normal of this screen unless you're seeing major discoloration even on full brightness.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Auto brightness on the Nexus 6 is way too aggressive to the dim side. For me it literally destroys the screen. I will only use manual brightness control and set it for current conditions. The new brightness control on the notification shade is superb.

I'm pretty picky and I find auto brightness at 50% perfectly good. When I hold it next to my M8, I can certainly see the difference, but when using it, it looks great to me.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is supposed to have a very accurate display and when I hold my N6 beside it there is a huge difference in color.

I solved the problem by never examining them side by side.

brett_f

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's obvious when I hold it beside other phones with "whiter" or cooler displays... I don't seem to notice or care if I don't do that. Guess that's my solution. :)

brun019822

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
im holding it next to my daughters nexus 5 and the difference is huge, i think nexus 5 has a better screen, i just wish the battery didnt suck so bad.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Or that the Nexus 5 wasn't so tiny. After using my Nexus 6 for a month I could never go back to something that small.

After just one afternoon with the 6 I went to do a factory reset on my 5 and it had the 5.0 OTA... once it updated I wanted to compare and couldn't believe how small it was in comparison... After a month my 6 feels like a everyday "Normal" sized phone.... Almost doesn't seem big at all anymore.... That is until my daughter hands me her iPhone 4S.... YIKES!!!!!

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
After just one afternoon with the 6 I went to do a factory reset on my 5 and it had the 5.0 OTA... once it updated I wanted to compare and couldn't believe how small it was in comparison... After a month my 6 feels like a everyday "Normal" sized phone.... Almost doesn't seem big at all anymore.... That is until my daughter hands me her iPhone 4S.... YIKES!!!!!

I know how you feel. I came from the 2013 Moto X but now I'm so used to the Nexus's size. My friend handed me her iPhone 6 the other day and I mistook it for the iPhone 5. Even that felt small in comparison.

wjhardin64

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I got my N6 yesterday and while using Tap and Go, and setting it up side by side with my N5 I noticed that the screen on the N6 is substantially more warm.. with a definite yellow tint.

I really prefer the whites to be white.. so my question is.. Is my phone bad? Or is this normal for an AMOLED screen? Anyone else notice the same on their phone?

Thanks!

-Brett

Download kernel adiutor...yes, spelled like that. If you are rooted, you can increase blue saturation and viola, no more yellow tint! Just found this app today...works great on my nexus 6 running CyanogenMod.