nexus 6 32 gig MB and white available in moto

Elmdor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Cancelled my Google Play order and got from Motorola, cheaper shipping and I don't think I will have to pay sales tax. Order from Google wasn't supposed to ship until 12/24, Motorola says 12/19.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Cancelled my Google Play order and got from Motorola, cheaper shipping and I don't think I will have to pay sales tax. Order from Google wasn't supposed to ship until 12/24, Motorola says 12/19.

Ironically enough, I went over to Motorola today and signed up to be notified of availability, and they were out of stock. Where are you, that you didn't pay sales tax? Here in NYC sales tax is 8.875%, and I'm looking to get the 64 GB CW. So effectively I'm going to spend $750, not including shipping, case and screen protector, unless there's a bit of a price reduction by the time I get it in May. Ouch on the pocket! What was your final purchase price, if you don't mind me asking?

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at Moto's terms of sale page and it doesn't say where sales tax applies. I wish all online sellers would specify that -- some do.

I'll bet the price comes down in the next couple of months.

At least it seems to be available (both 32Gb versions, no for the 64s) as of a couple of minutes ago. :cool:

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at Moto's terms of sale page and it doesn't say where sales tax applies. I wish all online sellers would specify that -- some do.

I'll bet the price comes down in the next couple of months.

At least it seems to be available (both 32Gb versions, no for the 64s) as of a couple of minutes ago. :cool:

Motorola is required to collect sales tax on sales shipped to any state wherein they have a physical business presence. Even if they don't collect it do to not operating in your state, though, you're still responsible for reporting and paying a 'use' tax (self-reported sales tax, essentially) on goods where the seller did not collect it on the State's behalf in almost every state - just google your state and "use tax" to find out if and how it applies. Point being, unless one plans on essentially committing tax fraud, one won't save the cost of taxes by going with one online seller over another, or over a local store.

Also, on point to the thread, but MB and CW 32GB models in stock as of this posting. Go get 'em!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Motorola is required to collect sales tax on sales shipped to any state wherein they have a physical business presence. Even if they don't collect it do to not operating in your state, though, you're still responsible for reporting and paying a 'use' tax (self-reported sales tax, essentially) on goods where the seller did not collect it on the State's behalf in almost every state - just google your state and "use tax" to find out if and how it applies. Point being, unless one plans on essentially committing tax fraud, one won't save the cost of taxes by going with one online seller over another, or over a local store.

Also, on point to the thread, but MB and CW 32GB models in stock as of this posting. Go get 'em!

I realize I'm still on the fence about which storage variant to get, in terms of futureproofing. I'm not a gamer, nor do I download many apps, except to try them out on recommendation. The 64 GB CW is tempting, but the price isn't. How can I be sure the 32 GB variant will have enough storage to handle Android M, N, and possibly O? I have a 16 GB S3 right now, and I'm using up just over 4 GB of space, not including the 4+ GB the system takes up. Just over 3 GB that I've used is dedicated to music. It's a hard choice.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I realize I'm still on the fence about which storage variant to get, in terms of futureproofing. I'm not a gamer, nor do I download many apps, except to try them out on recommendation. The 64 GB CW is tempting, but the price isn't. How can I be sure the 32 GB variant will have enough storage to handle Android M, N, and possibly O? I have a 16 GB S3 right now, and I'm using up just over 4 GB of space, not including the 4+ GB the system takes up. Just over 3 GB that I've used is dedicated to music. It's a hard choice.

The OS hasn't grown that much in successive iterations, so it's unlikely that it would be too large for the Nexus 6 to handle before its hardware became obsolescent. The biggest reason people are clamoring for more storage on-board is for storing movies, games, and photos - if you don't anticipate largely changing your usage, 32GB should be ample (especially since the viability of using cloud storage should only improve over time). The OS uses up the same amount of storage whether you get a 32GB or 64GB device, so a 64GB version will have more than twice the available storage - but if you're not struggling for room on the 16GB you have now...

That said, the $50 to step up is only about an 8% cost increase, so if you're concerned (and can actually get a 64GB), go for it. It's still being raked over the coals a bit given the cost of the memory itself, but not so much as the same $50 step-up was with the Nexus 5 (over 14%).

Phil Hamlin

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine on 12/11 as well, still showing 12/19 expected arrival. Anyone getting any updates on shipping? UPS has a thing I use where if you create an account, any shipments scheduled by anyone to your address will automatically generate an email notice from UPS. I think moto ships these via FedEx, right? Anyone know if FedEx has something like this?

Really looking good forward to getting this thing!

Thanks for any info.
Phil

Posted via the Android Central App

skustas

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Ordered 32GB MB + MotoCare on 12/12, showing 12/22 estimated arrival (I'm in AK, so...). Hoping to get an update once it ships. At the same time got a bit concerned after reading multiple online comments about how bad Motorola's customer/warranty service is. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Phil Hamlin

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Same with me -- ordered a white 32GB on 12/11 and just this morning received package tracking email for delivery 12/17, 10:30 AM EST!

When I track it, I see that it's still in Hong Kong. Guess it'll be hopping a plane today.